Great article on Dish

I agree with the above comments. This is a very big "wow" and explains a few things. I'm thinking particularly of the "fixed wireless partner with free rooftop", aka Dish, and the fact that this technology uses cell-to-cell direct line of sight for their "uplink", rather than fiber. Assuming this tech works, this is how Dish will leapfrog the other wireless providers.

Another wow....

Could be for both home service and mobile service. This would be a huge game changer depending on cost and coverage.

Last edited:
It's nice to finally see some news on what Dish is doing regarding their spectrum. This could be huge for them. Hopefully they go over this more during Team Summit since there needs to be something exciting they can talk about.

It's nice to finally see some news on what Dish is doing regarding their spectrum. This could be huge for them. Hopefully they go over this more during Team Summit since there needs to be something exciting they can talk about.

Besides SSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPEEEEERRRRRRRRRR JOEY!!!:D

So I will have a new cell phone provider in the last half of 2014.

I wonder what cell phones dish will sell.

Can't wait for the service since I live in San Francisco

This sounds great, but there's a lot between here and there. I would love love love this to work out and really stick it to the current carriers, but we've all seen pie in the sky before.

I really wish some companies would try experimenting with new technology here in Iowa. We could use something new here, especially with internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)