Great Comeback Story: LeCharles Bentley Cleared to Practice!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How the hell do you know they weren't willing to let him compete for a starting position?

Bentley was arguably one of the best centers in the NFL when healthy, and he didn't want to remain in Cleveland as a backup. Says to me that the Browns did not offer a cometition for the position.

As for your earlier comments about this "happening all the time," please show me an example of someone who made $16 million and didn't play once in two years?

The amount of 16 million doesn't matter to the Browns or the player, they obviously bargined that figure, my point is that players get hurt and get paid in all kinds of situations in Pro sports.

Jimbo

Sounds to me like the Browns didn't want him and he didn't want them.
They weren't willing to let him compete for a starting position, you gotta at least let him compete for a spot, you may as well have told him that he was going to be on the Practice Squad ....

I've never heard that the Brown's wouldn't have let him compete for a starting spot. It was the fact that the Browns didn't just hand over the spot to LeChunk that pissed him off among other things. No team in their right mind would just guarantee a starting spot for a guy who two years ago almost had his leg amputated! He had to earn the starting spot, just like any other player.

Plus, we've already came to the conclusion that this separation had much more to do with than a starting spot.

Read my previous post for more detail....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1402380-post10.html

I've never heard that the Brown's wouldn't have let him compete for a starting spot. It was the fact that the Browns didn't just hand over the spot to LeChunk that pissed him off among other things. No team in their right mind would just guarantee a starting spot for a guy who two years ago almost had his leg amputated! He had to earn the starting spot, just like any other player.

Plus, we've already came to the conclusion that this separation had much more to do with than a starting spot.

Read my previous post for more detail....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1402380-post10.html

I don't think he expected them to hand him a spot, but I do think he expected to have a chance to win one, but when the Browns reiterated that thier line was set, he decided to move on.

It's very obvious that you don't like the guy, but thats OK, we didn't have to pay him...

Jimbo

I don't think he expected them to hand him a spot, but I do think he expected to have a chance to win one, but when the Browns reiterated that thier line was set, he decided to move on.

It's very obvious that you don't like the guy, but thats OK, we didn't have to pay him...

Jimbo

I actually started this thread in support of LCB, but when the later news of him asking for a release came about, I lost all respect for him. I had two years of support invested into LCB. It's been a nasty divorce to say the least....

When did the Browns reiterate that their line was set?

And, again I'll ask you, if the Browns didn't want him anymore, why did HE ask for his release?
Why wasn't he already gone?

Why did the Browns invest $16 million in him the past two years, and admit him to the one of the best medical facilities in the world?

The bottom line is the fact that he would have to work his way back from 3rd on the depth chart hurt his pride, so he took his ball and went home to mommy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)