Great customer service from Polaroid (seriously)

Sentry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
Huntington WV
Purchased a black friday special (day after Thanksgiving) cheap TV from Wal-Mart. A Polaroid TLX-03210B which is a 32 inch LCD.

I was pretty happy with it. In March, there was a piece of foam or something between the screen and the glass that fell down about 1/4 of an inch at the top. Very minor, wife didn't even notice it until I pointed it out. WalMart said, "over 90 days, call manufacturer." Called support just for fun and was happy to talk to an American citizen who was logical! They said, "why don't you email me a picture of the problem and that will speed up the process instead of waiting on a technician..."

So I did and about two weeks later I got a new TV with a free return shipping label!

New TV was nicer and new, not refurbished, TDA-03211C. Has a built in DVD player, media card reader, USB reader, etc.

Called and they said that is the most comparable TV right now. Considered an even exchange, have a nice day.

So I'm happy about it and just trying to spread good news for once. :)

Sure, I've only had the TV on for a few hours but is nice for a small HDTV. ATSC tuner pretty good in it compared to an old Samsung Directv receiver. Plenty of options that are nice. Just can't find any reviews on either model I mentioned above.

Enjoy!

I've been very happy with my 26" LCD from them that I got a couple of years ago from Circuit City. This set has never had a problem and has pretty good picture quality for the price. I'm really glad to hear about the support and from reading online others have felt the support was good and most felt that they are trying very hard to provide good customer support. This alone is why I would be looking to buy a Polaroid set again but sadly to say any TV set I buy in the future will be a front projector lol. Having 100+ inches of HDTV in the living room and going down to 26 or 32" in my bedroom just ain't gonna work for me in the future.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)