Great Dish Service Experience!

afriedma

Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Seattle
I've been an E* subscriber almost from the very beginning, and have experienced ups and downs with customer and tech service, but I have to share what happened yesterday:

Sunday morning, I perused the Dish Network web site, saw the 'HD for Life' promotion, and decided to finally take the HD plunge. Placed a Customer Service call and she pointed out that I would need a new HD DVR (VIP 612), but that would be a free upgrade with a 24-month commitment. It would require a $95 service call, or that would be free if I signed up for the $6/month Service Plan, and they would waive the normal $25 service call fee. She also let me know that I had to keep the Service Plan for 5 months, but could cancel then without penalty. The HD for Life would be free too with a 24-month commitment. She also reminded me that I would now be incurring a $6/month DVR fee (my old 501D DVR was purchased prior to the DVR fees); in the past I felt that E* was not always up front about all fees and costs, so this was refreshing. Lastly, she informed me about the 3-month free Starz and HD Platinum offer.

I signed up at about 10am. At 10:30, a Dish representative called back and told me that they could have an installer come over with the half-hour! By 11:30 am, 1.5 hours after I made the initial call, I was watching an HD football game on my new HD DVR - on a Sunday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)