Great Experience with 622 DVR Replacement

fredtx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Over the holidays I lost the HDMI port on our 622. I read horror story after horror story about Dish not caring about their customers to the point where I was afraid to call to get a replacement. I finally decided that I pay for HDMI performance so I called the Dish technical support people on Friday, December 31.

After going through the normal questions on whether it was the 622 or the HDMI cable the tech agreed that it was very likely that it was a 622 HDMI port gone bad. He ended up initiating a replacement to be sent and it arrived on Monday, January 3. ( I was surprised that the 622 appeared to be brand new)

I am not what you call real technical but was able to install the 622 following the instructions that were included with the receiver.

Everything appeared to be fine until we discovered that TV2 located on our 2nd floor was not displaying a picture of any kind. After going back over all the steps I had done I finally decided that it was time to call Dish for help. I just knew this was going to be a very unpleasant experience. SURPRISE SURPRISE the tech was able to determine the problem within 5 minutes!!! What he discovered was that the tv2 modulation setting was showing AIR as the input and when we changed it to CABLE everything was OK.

The point of this thread is that Dish technical support people were easy to work with and did everything they said they would do including my having 2 separate on-line chats for questions that I had on what I would have to do because of having a new hard drive.

I think sometimes that customers who have a positive experience do not share it with other members That is not to say that negative experiences did not happen, but I think I'll be more objective going forward.

Happy New Year to all. :)

Got a new HD TV setup a few months back. When I tried to use HDMI no luck, but the components signals were ok. Called Dish. No hassle, new 622 came within a few days. Sent the old back in the same carton. No problems. Sh_t happens. Be nice to the CSR and service is smooth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)