Great Experience with DN

OrlandoSGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
I know that message boards are the place to gather and complain, but sometimes things go well....

After the new HD channel were launched I called to see why I wasn't getting them. I already knew (I was pointed to the wrong locations to get them). After 5 minutes of research on their end, I was told I needed to get a new dish...a 1000.4 (Eastern Arc). I pressed her for answers as to if I would loose anything I currently have (already knowing the answer was no) and was told I would have verything I currently have plus the channels.

Scheduled an appointment for Friday the 19th. Installer came out, put in new Dish, pointed it and replaced my old 311 receiver (MPEG 2) with a brand new 211k and voila...I now receive EVERYTHING I am supposed to receive.

AND the best part of this story is that it cost me NOTHING. No fees at all!

Sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to!:)

I actually had a great install back in Nov. 08. The guy did an excellent job with all phases of the install. I had a 6 X 6 treated post with my Directv dish mounted on it and he reused it. Said he'd put in a steel post with concrete if I preferred, but my post had been in a while and was concreted and still plum. I was the installer of the post so I knew it was done right. The wiring was neat and he was clean about coming inside my house. This was a cool, rainy day and he took the time not to make a mess. I did stay and chat with him for a lot of the install and helped when I could. Very friendly and talkative guy. Couldn't have gone smoother.

I had a great install too.. I walked out and turned my wing dish from 61.5 to 129. Cost me nothing.. How cool is that? :) Now I have all the channels.. Ok.. I am a dealer so I guess it wasn't that big of a deal..

I know that message boards are the place to gather and complain, but sometimes things go well....

After the new HD channel were launched I called to see why I wasn't getting them. I already knew (I was pointed to the wrong locations to get them). After 5 minutes of research on their end, I was told I needed to get a new dish...a 1000.4 (Eastern Arc). I pressed her for answers as to if I would loose anything I currently have (already knowing the answer was no) and was told I would have verything I currently have plus the channels.

Scheduled an appointment for Friday the 19th. Installer came out, put in new Dish, pointed it and replaced my old 311 receiver (MPEG 2) with a brand new 211k and voila...I now receive EVERYTHING I am supposed to receive.

AND the best part of this story is that it cost me NOTHING. No fees at all!

Sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to!:)

Hey, if you want to, you can turn the new 211k into a dvr by paying DISH the $39.99 fee. All you need is your own external hard drive and hook it up to your 211k by usb connection. Then you can hook your own antenna up and record 2 channels at the same time: 1 sat/ 1 ota.

Hey, if you want to, you can turn the new 211k into a dvr by paying DISH the $39.99 fee. All you need is your own external hard drive and hook it up to your 211k by usb connection. Then you can hook your own antenna up and record 2 channels at the same time: 1 sat/ 1 ota.

Will that work with a standard 211?

Ron

My 1000.4 install was flawless as well although I did have to sign up for the Maintenance plan and pay $15. The installer was smart and knocked the job out quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)