622 DVR Replacement Time Frame?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TalonDancer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
How long did it take for you to get your 622 replacement DVR after Dish customer service agreed to send one to you?

And am I delusional to hope for a 722, now that 622's are 'out of print'?

Background:
Our ViP622 crashed last night while we were watching a show recorded the previous night. The image froze and the 622 started clicking pretty loudly. After unplugging it for a minute or two, the 622 was still clicking and complained about the DVR function not working, but it did allow viewing live TV. After leaving it unplugged for an hour, the 622 said that the hard drive was corrupted and offered to 'clean' it up and remove all the recordings :( I agreed. But I don't think it ever cleaned of the disk since it never really made any 'disk access' noises, And subsequently it displayed the same DVR warning screens as before.

I called Dish customer service this AM. They quickly agreed to send a replacement (for $15) which I was told would arrive in "3-5 days". My account on the Dish web site currently shows the "order" as "open" with shipment pending. Of course this is a Sunday. So this is pretty good so far.

But I've read that DVR replacements are actually sent 2nd day air. So maybe the 3-5 days includes a cushion for the weekend. Or maybe the 3-5 days is because I am not a 'priority customer', since I canceled DHPP (AKA Dish Service) as soon as the new sub freebie ended several year's ago.

Thanks in Advance - Talon Dancer

I can't say exactly how long, but when I ordered an upgrade/replacement receiver I don't recall it taking long. And I am pretty impatient with these types of things so if would have been long I am sure I would have remembered. I bet you have it by Wednesday.

I've had two 622s replaced over the past 3 years or so, and each time, it was delivered within a couple, not more than three days.

Each time at no cost, and I've never had the DHPP.

And I can't figure why they sent them 'no charge,' because I bought the original one that went bad off of Ebay. It wasn't leased or purchased from E*.

But I didn't complain.

Having been through the replacement process this past April for a 622, the 3 to 5 days is business days. I had a weekend in between as well. Depending on how close you are to a warehouse is included in the estimate. I'm in Burlington Vermont and my unit came out of Spartanburg SC, so it wasn't just next door.... You will get a tracking number to calm your fears. My charge was zip as I had DHPP.

I just went through a replacement for the exact same reasons. I placed the call on July 3rd and received the new receiver on July 9th. It actually shipped on July 6th. Of course I placed my call over a holiday weekend so your mileage may vary.

Replacement was a 622, not a 722.

Thanks folks!

So I should be thrilled if it shows up on Tuesday. Happy if on Wed-Thurs. And not too surprised if it doesn't get here till Friday.

FWIW we don't actually watch much TV. But the little we do watch is all most always off the DVR, so we can watch at our convenience. A busted hard drive is a serious nuisance.

Talon Dancer

Read my saga... on the Technical Forum... If you are lucky, soon... mine took around three weeks as they made lots of mistakes on the orders of replacing the 622

In my experience Dish is usually pretty good at getting out a replacement in a timely fashion. As to getting a 722? One can hope I guess! Maybe you'll get lucky.

Read my saga... on the Technical Forum... If you are lucky, soon... mine took around three weeks as they made lots of mistakes on the orders of replacing the 622
Thanks for the heads up on potential replacement DVR issues.

I guess I should quit hoping for a 722 and just be happy if a replacement 622 actually shows up in 3-5 days and works.

Talon Dancer

Well a miracle did NOT happen :(

The replacement 622 arrived this afternoon (3 business days later but who's counting) via UPS ground. Of course the replacements case is a little bent and scratched. Other than that it works and has a functioning hard drive.

And then the fun began. Going through the install and activation process was not difficult, but it was a bit tedious running the check switch (twice), waiting for the receiver to download the new software and download the program guide (twice). The real time consuming hassle was updating the settings, re-locking channels, timers, etc.

I have owned several Macs for the last 3 decades and have only had one disk failure where I actually lost data. This is our second 622 disk failure in 4 yrs with complete data loss. Makes me wonder about the quality of the Dish equipment.

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts