New Equipment vs. Upgrade from Dish Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IBJammin

Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
MS.
I am kind of in an unique situation. I currently have a 522 DVR receiver in which tuner 2 no longer works. I have to get another receiver. The problem is, right now I can get my local channels from the state in which I live no thanks to the FCC. Where I live at I am suppose to get locals from the neighboring state in which I could care less to watch.:mad: I could probably call Dish and tell them to cancel my account due to the receiver problem and they might be willing to send me another receiver in which I could upgrade to HD. But doing so I am worried that somehow in the process I would lose my state's local channels. I could buy my own equipment in which I would not have to worry about the problem but would be a more expensive solution. I have a Dish 500 dish right now and feel I could get a 1000.4 and install it myself and then just change out the receiver without a Dish tech person coming out. What would you do in this situation? Or if you have another idea that would be inexpensive and a solution to my problem please let me know.

Desperate times for desperate people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts