This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Great Experience with DN

OrlandoSGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
I know that message boards are the place to gather and complain, but sometimes things go well....

After the new HD channel were launched I called to see why I wasn't getting them. I already knew (I was pointed to the wrong locations to get them). After 5 minutes of research on their end, I was told I needed to get a new dish...a 1000.4 (Eastern Arc). I pressed her for answers as to if I would loose anything I currently have (already knowing the answer was no) and was told I would have verything I currently have plus the channels.

Scheduled an appointment for Friday the 19th. Installer came out, put in new Dish, pointed it and replaced my old 311 receiver (MPEG 2) with a brand new 211k and voila...I now receive EVERYTHING I am supposed to receive.

AND the best part of this story is that it cost me NOTHING. No fees at all!

Sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to!

I actually had a great install back in Nov. 08. The guy did an excellent job with all phases of the install. I had a 6 X 6 treated post with my Directv dish mounted on it and he reused it. Said he'd put in a steel post with concrete if I preferred, but my post had been in a while and was concreted and still plum. I was the installer of the post so I knew it was done right. The wiring was neat and he was clean about coming inside my house. This was a cool, rainy day and he took the time not to make a mess. I did stay and chat with him for a lot of the install and helped when I could. Very friendly and talkative guy. Couldn't have gone smoother.

I had a great install too.. I walked out and turned my wing dish from 61.5 to 129. Cost me nothing.. How cool is that? Now I have all the channels.. Ok.. I am a dealer so I guess it wasn't that big of a deal..

Hey, if you want to, you can turn the new 211k into a dvr by paying DISH the $39.99 fee. All you need is your own external hard drive and hook it up to your 211k by usb connection. Then you can hook your own antenna up and record 2 channels at the same time: 1 sat/ 1 ota.

Will that work with a standard 211?

Ron

My 1000.4 install was flawless as well although I did have to sign up for the Maintenance plan and pay $15. The installer was smart and knocked the job out quickly.