Joey 4 with Hopper3 (without Hopper+) - real experience

HaHa - sorry to clog up my own thread! :eeek

Is anybody else seeing this from their J4's?:

When I first turn the TV on I just get a black screen. I can't do anything without hitting the Home button. Once I do that the Android home screen comes up, but if I select the Dish app to get to satellite TV nothing happens. Also if I hit the Back button from the Home screen nothing happens, and same with Channel Up/Down. Just puts me into a black screen with no info. The only way I can get to "regular" (SAT) TV is to hit the Dish app, then punch in a high channel number (like 120), then go back to whatever channel I want (many times it's our Local #8).

All 3 of my J4's are doing this so I don't think it's a problem with just 1 of the boxes. And it's with both remotes so it's not just an issue with using the 40's over the 54's ...

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
HaHa - sorry to clog up my own thread! :eeek

Is anybody else seeing this from their J4's?:

When I first turn the TV on I just get a black screen. I can't do anything without hitting the Home button. Once I do that the Android home screen comes up, but if I select the Dish app to get to satellite TV nothing happens. Also if I hit the Back button from the Home screen nothing happens, and same with Channel Up/Down. Just puts me into a black screen with no info. The only way I can get to "regular" (SAT) TV is to hit the Dish app, then punch in a high channel number (like 120), then go back to whatever channel I want (many times it's our Local #8).

All 3 of my J4's are doing this so I don't think it's a problem with just 1 of the boxes. And it's with both remotes so it's not just an issue with using the 40's over the 54's ...
Does the Home screen come up when you turn the TV on or is it just complete black screen?

Reactions: charlesrshell