Great External Drive Deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
Best buy has this today only. I have the same drive and it works great with the 622. No problems to date.

Buy.com - Cavalry 500GB 3.5'' 7200RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive with One Touch Back-Up - CAUM37500

Cavalry 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive w/ One Touch Back-Up
Just one touch, and you’ll be hooked! The Cavalry offers One Touch back-up data file operation at your fingertips. To back up your files, just press the one touch back-up button for a few seconds and all of your files are safe and secure. This external hard drive boasts exceptional heat dissipation, remarkable durability, state-of-the art shock absorption, leading-edge versatility and superior all-around performance. more info

LIST PRICE: $102.00 FREE SHIPPING

That's an OK price. I've seen a little better for WD's and Seagates and Maxtors lately ($79-$99). BTW, it's not Best Buy...it's Buy.com

Got an e-mail from Staples today for an Edge 400GB DiskGO for $89.98. Haven't tried it but thought the price was decent. I'll stick with my Eagle enclosure with it's SATA drive inside. I still like the idea of being able to replace the drive if necessary. I have another one on the way.

Staples.com®. that was easy®.

That's an OK price. I've seen a little better for WD's and Seagates and Maxtors lately ($79-$99). BTW, it's not Best Buy...it's Buy.com

really??? i've seen $79 - $99 for 250gb, but not 500gb...where you seeing those kinds of prices? I want some WD/SG/Maxtors at those prices.

I've ordered a second WD 750 external for 170 free ship from Buycom. That's better than I paided BB a while back on sale and 100 less than the current "sale" price. The 750 has perpendicular recording, an alleged advantage over the smaller ones. The one I have has worked well.
-Ken

Here is a cheaper drive on Fry.com:

BUFFALO 500GB TURBO USB 2.0 EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE - HD-HS500U2
Buffalo:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]FRYS.com #: 5360258[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]The DriveStation TurboUSB External Hard Drives let you store, back up, and easily transport various files without taking up room on your computer's main hard drive. Based on the latest SATA hard drive technology for larger capacities and with TurboUSB technology, DriveStation's transfer rates are up to 37% greater than those of standard USB hard drives. With auto installation, Memeo AutoBackup Software the DriveStation is a plug and play secure and reliable USB backup and storage solution. [/FONT]

$79.99

5360258.box.GIF

FRYS.com*|*Buffalo

With some research, you too can find deals like me.

oh well, just saw they are sold out. Must have been my order for 20. If you look further on that site and others, you can find the following two...

1) SEAGATE 650GB ULTRA DMA/100 16MB BUFFER - ST306504N1A0A-RK - RETAIL HARD DRIVE KIT.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]SEAGATE:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]FRYS.com #: 5448089[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
  • AVAILABLE ONLY AT FRYS.COM
  • 7200RPM
  • 16MB BUFFER
  • BOXED HARD DRIVE KIT (INSTALLATION KIT INCLUDED)
  • 5 YEAR WARRANTY
$109.99 w/free ship code.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
5448089.box.GIF
[/FONT]

-or-

2) MAXTOR ONETOUCH 4 500GB USB 2.0 EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE - STM305004OTA3E1-RK
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]MAXTOR:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]FRYS.com #: 5382828[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]A simple storage solution with automated backup software for protecting all your photos, music, videos and documents in one safe, convenient place. [/FONT]

$99.99 w/ free ship code

5382828.box.GIF

I've had so much luck with WD, I'll stick with the My Book... indeed, its time to add another drive.

Debating between just getting another 500GB or going for the new 1TB My Book. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)