Great local dealer in Florida

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I was able to buy my replacment Fortec dish from this place at the local flea market in Fort Lauderdale, south of where I live.

Guy seems pretty good and so far is the only local FTA dealer in the area. (At least nearby where I live)

The only 31" dish he happens to sell is the Fortec. So...that's good. Looks like I'll be up and running again pretty soon.

He sells lots of other goodies too, including a nice inclinometer for way too much money. $160? Come on! I can get 'em cheaper! Also some satellite signal meters as well.

Great to hear you got a dish locally, how much for the dish ?

I just came back from Florida and made a purchase for an Extreme II Lnb($20) at Prosat in Hialeah, but I need details like does the dealer at the flea market sell anything bigger and also what flea market.

Lets just say I promised a friend that I would set her dish up and any info is helpfull, last thing I want to do is carry a dish from Chicago to North Miami.

I'm also trying to do this Cheap, so I have her saving up $, so she's ready the next time I'm out there, already have an extra FTA receiver which I paid $ 20 for, it's used but it works decent.

Lucky guy ! I think Sadoun should move up to Central Michigan, and try to peddle FTA stuff to the great Michigan "Yooper" population. Not much to do in the UP except watch TV , at least in winter.

:)

jayelem said:
Great to hear you got a dish locally, how much for the dish ?

$65 plus tax. Didn't even check yet to see how well I did on saving money. I may have saved on shipping. Just didn't wanna wait for shipping. That's all. The Sadoun people know I like em. Don't worry guys!

jayelem said:
Does the dealer at the flea market sell anything bigger and also what flea market.

Swap Shop in Fort Lauderdale 3291 West Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL

I agree, there needs to be more FTA general stores!! There's just not a demand for the hobby cause of the technically challenged majority in certain areas. See, with D* and E* all a person has to do is call, some installer shows up, and you have channels and then you get a bill. That involves no technical aspects. That's what makes FTA fun, the technicalities and the ins and outs.

He is just barely a good dealer when it comes to much of anything else in FTA dishes. The rest are DBS dishes. I don't know what his intentions are in terms of piracy or not, so I wouldn't buy a receiver from him unless if you see it's wrapped in the box brand new. Although he did have a disclaimer on his sign saying "no warranty on 3rd party software" In other words, I don't believe he condones piracy. I would probably only go to him for minor accessories like switches and cable.

Now, his LNB was the universal style that had low band and high band settings, Not the single 10.750 LO I was trying to get. No biggie on that, cause my LNB did survive the fall and I'll continue to buy from Sadoun for LNB's.

He has the usuall selection of Pansats, viewsats, and Coolsats. Didn't check to see if he had a Fortec Lifetime Classic or not. I have my eye on that next time I get a receiver. That is, if I need another one so grandma can watch FTA. haha!

Last edited:
techno935 said:
The Sadoun people know I like em. Don't worry guys!

I like Sadoun and the other sponsors on this site also, but when you travel 1200 miles or more it's nice to know what's available locally, otherwise it's a detour to Columbus Ohio on the way to Florida, and that would be a treat also, because I'd love to upgrade to a 1.2 meter and save on the shipping.

Keep an eye out. There is always some radio station moving, shutting down, or some telecom company just abandoning their dish.

There is an Elks lodge across the way from me. They have a C-band dish, they've had it forever. What did they do when Hurricane Wilma arrived? THEY LEFT IT FOR DEAD! I should've asked them if they we're still using it before the storm arrived. I now know for sure they have no use for it cause they never bothered to replace it! To hell with those nutz.

brentb636 said:
Lucky guy ! I think Sadoun should move up to Central Michigan, and try to peddle FTA stuff to the great Michigan "Yooper" population. Not much to do in the UP except watch TV , at least in winter.

:)

Well I can say I agree with this comment.... Except the "Yooper" population gets vary scarce. But Central MI hell that would be sweet a few hr drive to get supplies :D :D

iafirebuff said:
I wish I had a "local guy" Sadoun - wanna open up a "satellite" location in Iowa?

Anybody interested in opening a Sadoun franchise? :D We will be happy to offer you all the product and tech support you need. :up Just kidding. We are not setup for that yet. But, it is a good :eureka

BTW, I like MI a lot. After graduating from college, I worked for General Motors (Mfg Engineer) for a few years in MI. Visited almost every assembly plant in the lower half of the state.

Last edited:
If you are somewhat close to Jacksonville, FL. I have local guy who makes package deals plus great single unit prices..76cm winegard $49 sg2100 $60 Invacom quad $55...lots of stuff...had all my stuff in 30 min. !! Comming throught the area? Drop me an I-M.

:hatsoff:

Those are outstanding prices, wish I was closer (I'm in New Orleans)...

I was going to go to Astro Too in Melbourne, but someone (I wont name him ;) ) ravaged the place, and there's nothing left! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)