Great news! Live futbol games will stay on RushHD!!!

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
"We are not taking anything away!" - said Charlie Ergen on his "Charlie Chat" program yesterday.

But, how about some of us who subscribed to Dish Network primarily because of the live La Liga games??? If these live matches will now be shown on WorldSport, not on RushHD, then it means that in order to continue viewing live matches we must move to the new receivers ASAP. Correct?

Let's see. Many of us ("HD Advocates" as they call us now;)) have 942 DVRs, and the recommended upgrade path for it is to get the vip622 DVR in April. Which would mean missing all games in February, in March and perhaps even in April, including the Big one - Real Madrid vs. Barcelona which will be on April 2!

Or we can pay extra $200 to get the vip622 earlier, but even then it is not guaranteed that vip622 will be readily available in February. Correct? Add to this shipping and installation time. So, sounds like at least some of us are going to miss certain live matches even if we are ready to swallow the $299 upgrade price tag. :(

How is that for not taking anything away???

Update (1/18): The latest word is that live games will stay on RushHD! Excellent! Thank you VOOM!!!

Ilya said:
"We are not taking anything away!" - said Charlie Ergen on his "Charlie Chat" program yesterday.
But, how about some of us who subscribed to Dish Network primarily because of the live La Liga games??? If these live matches will now be shown on WorldSport, not on RushHD, then it means that in order to continue viewing live matches we must move to the new receivers ASAP. Correct?
Let's see. Many of us ("HD Advocates" as they call us now;)) have 942 DVRs, and the recommended upgrade path for it is to get the vip622 DVR in April. Which would mean missing all games in February, in March and perhaps even in April, including the Big one - Real Madrid vs. Barcelona which will be on April 2!
Or we can pay extra $200 to get the vip622 earlier, but even then it is not guaranteed that vip622 will be readily available in February. Correct? Add to this shipping and installation time. So, sounds like at least some of us are going to miss certain live matches even if we are ready to swallow the $299 upgrade price tag. :(

First, Olympics on Universal HD. Now, second, La Liga.
I am thinking that Dish should allow us make two phase upgrade: by Feb. replace 811 to 211, and then in April replace 942 to 622. I will be happy to settle on this offer!:)

I only have 942. I wonder if I can get a 211 temporarily until the vip622 is available?

Ilya said:
This is an excellent point. As someone who has a 942 and watches the Spanish soccer games every week I think it is unfortunate that I will not have access to those games until I am able to get a 622, whenever that will be. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the games on RushHD until many more people are able to watch the games on World Sport?

Ilya said:
But, how about some of us who subscribed to Dish Network primarily because of the live La Liga games???
I totally agree with you Ilya, this is something to be really pissed off:
- An upgrade is causing us to miss some of the programming that we ARE paying for. If I pay for VOOM channels (and also subscribed to HD package) I want (and I have) to get all the channels I'm paying for.
- Also some of us chose DISH vs Directv or cable because of this programming in the first place and now we won't be able to watch it for a few months.
They could have announced this change but left all the channels in mpeg2 for a few months to allow an upgrade to all subscribers?
or they could had done the change with time enough for all subscribers to upgrade receivers without missing anything.
They couldn't probably have done this worse! :mad:
= J =

Last edited:
Well, I just got very good news!!! I am very excited to report this!
There is a very good chance that live games will continue to be broadcast on RushHD! (La Liga Reports will be on WorldSport though.)
So, now we have time to wait for the vip622 unit without missing any games! Thank you, WorldSport/RushHD!!!
:bow

Ilya said:
There is a very good chance that live games will continue to be broadcast on RushHD! (La Liga Reports will be on WorldSport though.)
So, now we have time to wait for the vip622 unit without missing any games! Thank you, WorldSport/RushHD!!!
:bow
If this is true it is indeed good news! Thanks for the update Ilya! :)

Ilya said:
There is a very good chance that live games will continue to be broadcast on RushHD!
Great news!!!
finally somebody came to his senses!!! :clap

Let's hope for the best!
= J =

From what I was told, they had to address verious legal issues to make this happen.
But they heard our concerns and made the right decision!
It's pretty much a done deal now, unless something happens in the last moment...

nospam said:
According to that thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=53491
La Liga moves to WorldSport HD.
So, what is correct?
Starting in February all live and taped La Liga games, as well as La Liga Report pre-game shows will all return to WorldSportHD where they belong. Initially, the plan was to stop showing soccer on RushHD. We talked to VOOM management and explained that this could cause problems to majority of current customers, due to the fact that transition to new MPEG4-capable vip622 and vip211 receivers may take some time. After considering all legal issues involved, VOOM made a decision to continue showing live matches on RushHD (in parallel with WorldSportHD), most likely through the end of this season. This will give all of us time to migrate to new receivers without missing any live matches. Taped games and La Liga Reports will be shown only on Rush-HD. I think this is fair enough. A good compromise.

Ilya said:
... We talked to VOOM management and explained that this could cause problems to majority of current customers...
... I think this is fair enough. A good compromise.
I think so too,

Thanks to you Ilya and whoever else contacted VOOM to raise this issue and make them revise their plans.

Cheers.
= J =

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)