Great Wall TV Package

Tac

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 12, 2003
Erie, PA
I am looking at adding the Great Wall package. Right now I have AT250 and HD with my locals on 129. So I have the Dish 1000.2. To add this package I would need to also hit 118.7. Will dish come out and install the wing dish for free if I add this package or will I need to pay for it?

It won't be a wing dish, but a D1000+ (110, 118.7, 119, & 129), as well as a DPP44 switch. I'm not entirely certain, but I'm pretty sure Dish will probably charge you a one time upgrade fee to pay for the equipment swap-out.

Thanks for the information. Anyone else have any other info? We are looking at this to see what is on these channels come Olympic time.

NBC owns the US distribution rights to the Olympics so any Olypic event coverage on these channels, if any, would be pre-empted.

A Dish 1000 Plus is your only real solution.

See ya
Tony

Even and existing customer trying to upgrade to a dish 500 has to pay $60 with a commitment, so I'm sure you'll get charged at least that for a 118.7 upgrade

It won't be a wing dish, but a D1000+ (110, 118.7, 119, & 129), as well as a DPP44 switch. I'm not entirely certain, but I'm pretty sure Dish will probably charge you a one time upgrade fee to pay for the equipment swap-out.

It would be great to use a wing dish, that 1000+ i think is to LNB heavy.. But yeah they would have to come out and change your system around..

If he already has 1000.2, why can't a wing dish work? 1000.2 has a slot for connecting the extra dish right??

That was my thought......I have the input on the 1000.2 for another dish. I do have an extra dish that I have thought about putting up for 61.5. However, the LNB for 118.7 would be different from the one I have.

118.75 requires a larger dish and a KA band LNB with circular polarization. By the time you buy that, you could have gotten the Plus dish installed. :)

An 18" Dish will not be large enough.

See ya
Tony

Find a local dealer carrying Dish Network or look for a Dish Network Int'l channel offer to install any Int'l channel or upgrade. They usually offer a monthly discount offer or free X months deal to get new subscribers (to Int'l channels for the first time) to sign up. Don't know about the commitments, but the installation is free as stated with these offers.

I know someone who sign up for Int'l channels while with Dish Network and they got the installation for free. The commitment is one year agreement with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)