Greek super package problems

kenny911

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Michigan
I subscribed to the Greek super package today which is the first day it has been listed on the website. Unfortunately, one of the channels in the package is in red and the CR are giving me the run around claiming I need another dish etc... I kindly asked for them to relay my message to someone else but they don't seem to care and instead insisting I need another dish (Its funny because I was receiving this channel right before I upgraded to this package) but I would like a higher up to know of the problem because I'm paying $51.00 and a $15 ala carte channel in the package is showing up in the red. I believe a few others are having this problem too. I'm hoping a dishnetwork employee reads this and fixes the problem.

I had the worst experience with them trying to add the new channels.
1st round: I ask to upgrade to Greek Super package. All channels come on except for 605 (Antenna Satellite) which shows up in red on the guide and the message 013 (not subscribed) pops up. Of course I had it until the phone call. I call, they tell me everything looks "fine" on their end, transfer me to tech support. Tech support asks me to take smart card out, loop the power on and off, unplug for 20 mins. Of course they include the questions of "is there any bad weather, did something change since last time you had the channel" so I had to let them know that the only thing that changed was making a phone call to them. Every time they ask me to do these they tell me to wait 15 mins before I call again, even though when they added the other channels and 605 was dropped it was instant. After 5 phone calls, they decide "it is the PVR" so they are sending a new PVR.
2nd round: I call and ask them to put me back to what I had before (MEGA/ERT/ALTER package and ANTENNA ala carte). Low and behold, ANTENNA now works fine, "PVR problems" nonwithstanding. I report this to customer service, someone actually "gets it," but they still can't fix it. As he is about to switch me to tech support again, I request he just leave me with what I had and drop the whole issue.
Now, of course there are gonna be issues with new packages etc. But it would help if the first response of the people handling the calls was not "well, your dish is at fault, the PVR is at fault, you are looking at it funny, everything is fine and dandy here." Also, apparently nobody creates some log on the case, so I had to share my life story with every single phone call. :rolleyes:

I literally spent 2 hours on the phone with the same thing but I haven't called back. What a nightmare it was especially when the customer service insists that the channels moved to a different dish and I would have to get a new dish. IT SAYS ON THE FREAKING WEBSITE THAT ITS ON 61.5! I want to call again but I don't want to spend 1.5 hours dealing with the same issues so this is why I'm hoping that some higher ups read this tonite and do something about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)