Green Bay Locals in HD on Dish network ??

Sorry but I never saw Green Bay listed as one of the markets that are supposed to get HD locals. I am in Sheboygan which is a Milwaukee local area and we don't have our HD locals either. It is my understanding from what I have read here that no more locals are going to be added (at least this year).

I was checking for a friend . I get all the GB locals in HD OTA, but he is in a severe valley and OTA is not possible. Hopin somebody had heard an update for him.

Poke said:
Here is a current list http://ekb.dbstalk.com/hdlocal.htm ..

I dont see Green Bay on there but that does not mean that they wont add it sometime next year or so..

I doubt it. Green Bay is such a small market (DMA #69) that it will probably be two technology upgrade cycles before E* has the capacity to carry it. (i.e. it probably won't be on the 129 spotbeam satellite, but one after that)

GeorgeLV said:
I doubt it. Green Bay is such a small market (DMA #69) that it will probably be two technology upgrade cycles before E* has the capacity to carry it. (i.e. it probably won't be on the 129 spotbeam satellite, but one after that)

aka...when David Beverly is Punting again in GB :p
an ex - foxvalleyian

I'm still patiently waiting for Madison area HD LILs. Of course I get them all very well via OTA, it would be nice to record HD OTA and HD locals from Dish at the same time.

...then of course store them to an external drive because mine is FRELLING FULL!!! ;)

SpenceJT said:
Yeah, I've heard about DTV's quality and have seen it first hand. :rolleyes:

I'll be anxiously waiting as a Dish customer. :hungry:

And if you are wanting LiL or RSN your going to be waiting a lot longer.
Many have stated the HD-LiL Mpeg4 look just as good as OTA so I doubt your
first hand knowledge is true.

I know this is not popular but as far as sports and Local HD Dish is way behind and will continue always.

LOL! No Dish is the HD Leader all Direct is doing is just adding more Locals in HD!! Well Dish is adding them too but where Dish leads is that they offer close to 30 HD Channels Of Major Networks to Direct 9.. Dish will be adding more locals in HD and from my friends that were Direct Tv Customers for years. They have always said Dish Rocks compaire to Direct..

So your statement that Dish is behind is Sports is totoally wrong unless you want Sunday NFL Ticket. But thats why now everyone has the NFL Network which in the futuer I see them showing more games!! Yes Direct has NFL Ticket thats it but thats not HD. Heck you cant watch all of the games plus your paying a fee just for that.. The fact is that the only thing Direct has a lead on over Dish is adding locals in HD.. But Dish is catching up but as far as HD Dish is the overall leader there. Dish will have just as many HD Locals in the future so folks that can watch their locals in HD will be able to sometime. But really anyone can get their Locals in HD with OTA.. With HD Dish has more channels in HD so your chances of viewing sports increase.. So fact is Direct is behind on HD but Dish has more of the major networks in HD which Direct does not. So point is if anyone wants to do HD Dish is the place too be. Also Dish most likely will add the RSN which will be more sports you can watch... So really if you add the 4 local HD channels Dish offers in the states they have now which is like 27 cities that would = 108 HD Local Channels. Which that will increase as they add more just like Direct.. Then add the 30 to that Dish has which would be 138HD Channels.. But I exclude Locals in HD what I look at are the other networks or anything besides locals. Which Dish has more of.. Yes Direct says their adding 100 Channels of HD but thats just local when Dish and Direct add all 50 states with 4 channels per state thats 200 HD locals. But again thats locals not other networks like Dish has so really Dish has many locals their adding plus more other networks so they have both. Overall all you half to do is compaire the HD lineup it's that simple..

So really no reason for anyone to argue all you half to do is look at the channel lineup for HD.. But to answer you question we will half to waite and see. If it was me I would atleast send them E-mail let them know you would like to see them add Green Bay Sometime. Dish putting up a new bird next year just like Direct is so I would think they will have the space to do it at some point and time.. Overall just go with whoever you like..

Last edited:
Wow Poke, thanks for that.

...had to read it a few times to get the gist, but I think what you are saying is Dish is better. ;)

As for my friends who have DTV's HD? The picture appears to be softer, the STB's have slower interfaces. I have experienced this first hand.

My friend is planning to switch to Dish toward the end of the year or as soon as he can find a buyer for his hardware.

Yeah sorry about that! I do that sometimes get on a soapbox but I dont mean too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)