Greetings from Aruba

Weird... HR20 here also and I am going from mostly using Dish net which is quicker by far than Directv... but, watching from the HR20-700 tonight in the HT room...

on the other hand, I go to the bedroom where the H20-100 is and the remote works great. :up

on the other hand, I go to the bedroom where the H20-100 is and the remote works great. :up

yeah the receivers always work better. much faster. they don't have to deal with a hardrive. our dvr's need more processing power

But that should have nothing to do with the remote working or not. :confused:
It does because if you look at the little blue led on the left it blinks when the box receives the command. this is when you realize there's nothing wrong with the remotes. i especially see this delay while the dvr is recording.so when you begin experiencing this lag, begin looking at the little blue led. if it blinks when you press a button on the remote and takes 2 sec or more for the dvr to respond you'll realize it's the dvr. i've also used the buttons on the dvr itself and it still responds slowly to commands. again, this isn't always the case. there are times the box is responding well to any command but not always.

It is always amazing that everybody you get to know on a form never looks like you picture them.

I will probably be shocked when I find out Rey does not look like Homer. :p
Yeah, that is always different, but just as amazing is how different they SOUND when you hear them speak. I guess I read these forums and assume everyone here has a southern accent since it is in my head....lol.
The few I have actually talked to, I was WAYYYYY off. Of course I am sure it is the same when they hear me talk, maybe worse with this mississippi/alabama accent:p

Yeah, that is always different, but just as amazing is how different they SOUND when you hear them speak. I guess I read these forums and assume everyone here has a southern accent since it is in my head....lol.
The few I have actually talked to, I was WAYYYYY off. Of course I am sure it is the same when they hear me talk, maybe worse with this mississippi/alabama accent:p

just wait till you hear me speak. :D

It does because if you look at the little blue led on the left it blinks when the box receives the command. this is when you realize there's nothing wrong with the remotes. i especially see this delay while the dvr is recording.so when you begin experiencing this lag, begin looking at the little blue led. if it blinks when you press a button on the remote and takes 2 sec or more for the dvr to respond you'll realize it's the dvr. i've also used the buttons on the dvr itself and it still responds slowly to commands. again, this isn't always the case. there are times the box is responding well to any command but not always.
After I downloaded the CE for my first CE experience, I now see why people complain about the slow response of the DVRs. My DVR worked fine until I enacted the DLB. The first time ever, I have had a lag issue.

After I downloaded the CE for my first CE experience, I now see why people complain about the slow response of the DVRs. My DVR worked fine until I enacted the DLB. The first time ever, I have had a lag issue.

i already experienced this lag before i started dl ce's. you would've had to have a vip series dvr from E to notice what most of us are talking about. having said that there are ce's that do cause more lag than others and at times one model will react different from another on a same CE

oh and to add, i could understand why activating the dlb's would slow down the dvr. i always get the most lag while the dvr is recording. it can get awful at times.

i already experienced this lag before i started dl ce's. you would've had to have a vip series dvr from E to notice what most of us are talking about. having said that there are ce's that do cause more lag than others and at times one model will react different from another on a same CE
I can't compare it to a VIP, but I can compare it to a SD non DVR Hughes Box, a TiVO, and other HD and SD receivers. My HR20 was not much slower, if at all. For the first time I actually have to wait a second to see a response.

oh and to add, i could understand why activating the dlb's would slow down the dvr. i always get the most lag while the dvr is recording. it can get awful at times.
It was never this slow when I recorded one thing and watched another, prior to the CE. The lag is less than 2 seconds, more like a second, but it is noticeable. Probably just one of those software issues they need to work out.

It was never this slow when I recorded one thing and watched another, prior to the CE. The lag is less than 2 seconds, more like a second, but it is noticeable. Probably just one of those software issues they need to work out.

that's right Dk. each ce cycle gets tweaked every week so it gets better. i can tell you the 1st ce with DLB's was very bad but it improved significantly the following week. who knows how much better it will be this weekend ;)

Ha, you all turned my thread to a sh*t debate on remote response ;)

I believe that usually the remote response (or box processing the command) is NOT fast enough. Sometimes, like the CE I'm running from 2 weeks ago, it is down right frustrating.

Anyhow, here are some comments to what you guys wrote above:

I didn't take many pictures, our trip coordinator company walked around with nice cameras all weekend taking pictures for us, I'm just waiting for the DVD :)

I didn't photo the bunnies, they don't like that too much ;)

They didn't have CBS on the Dish system, I wonder if it is a rights thing since someone mentioned above that CBS runs a Caribbean channel. Otherwise, maybe the signal wasn't strong enough on that transponder, it seemed they lost signal when a cloud went by.

Thankfully the CEs get better each week, it's waht makes the frustration early on worth it in the end!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts