Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have arrived at the DIRECTV Revolution event at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.

Over the next 3 days look for lots of reports from the show.

Thank you to DIRECTV for the warm welcome!
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1437420169.578102.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1437420179.962478.jpg

Heck ya can't wait to hear more

Well I have left the show floor to go to my hotel room and get off my feet as I have been on them since 4am Eastern Time.

There is no HR54 being shown here and I asked why, and was told because everything is currently does it looks exactly like and works just like a regular Genie so it did not make since to show it here yet. I said "yeah it must be hard to show off Transponder Bonding when its not active yet." And the guy asked me how I knew about Transponder bonding. :)

They however did have the C64K on display which they are calling the Mini Genie. It turns any 4K TV (that meets certain specs) into a DIRECTV compatible 4K TV.

While I was at the 4K display people were asking about Live 4K content and some people at the booth were saying "hopefully by the end of the year."

I was going to shoot video but as you see the room is VERY dark and even with the light it was not good conditions.

More to come later and over the next few days. Thanks for being SatelliteGuys. :D

Well I have left the show floor to go to my hotel room and get off my feet as I have been on them since 4am Eastern Time.

There is no HR54 being shown here and I asked why, and was told because everything is currently does it looks exactly like and works just like a regular Genie so it did not make since to show it here yet. I said "yeah it must be hard to show off Transponder Bonding when its not active yet." And the guy asked me how I knew about Transponder bonding. :)

They however did have the C64K on display which they are calling the Mini Genie. It turns any 4K TV (that meets certain specs) into a DIRECTV compatible 4K TV.

While I was at the 4K display people were asking about Live 4K content and some people at the booth were saying "hopefully by the end of the year."

I was going to shoot video but as you see the room is VERY dark and even with the light it was not good conditions.

More to come later and over the next few days. Thanks for being SatelliteGuys. :D

Talking to my FSM the other day, directv is currently working on a receiver that does it all. Home phone, TV service, and wireless router. EVERYTHING plugs in to it. I forget when he said it would be presented. I'm sure it's still a few years off yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts