Greetings from Dish Team Summit Day Two!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This is it, today is the big day where DISH holds their General assembly where their leaders of all their different brands will let us know their plans for the future.
Like I did last night I will be live blogging from the event. Note that this is a one man show and I am taking pictures and typing updates in real time from my phone. As you may have noted last night sometimes there are spelling mistakes or auto correct kicks in and changes a word here or there. Unfortunately they dont pause for me to go back and fix things, so they are as they are. :D

That event will start at 9 AM PT / Noon ET.

Also throughout the day I will be shooting videos from the Expo Floor. These will be better produced videos than the one I took yesterday. I just wanted you guys to see the new android stuff in action. :) Because they are produced it may take me a bit to edit and upload them.

Also I will be going around and trying to find people to answer some of your questions on things like guide issues and other issues that our SatelliteGuys members have reported here.

If you haven't noticed we are the only site covering this event and we are bringing you direct to some of the top people at DISH. we are proud of this and we thank the people who donated to make this all possible!

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Will 4KJ get Multi-View or at least Side By Side?
I actually asked this one last night. :) It will get PIP (hopefully before release) and they do hope to bring Multiview to the Android Devices but that requires an update in the Google Android platform for that to work. But it is something they are actively looking to do. :)

It will get PIP (hopefully before release) and they do hope to bring Multiview to the Android Devices but that requires an update in the Google Android platform for that to work. But it is something they are actively looking to do. :)
Great news, Thank-U!

"Android Devices" does that mean I would have to exchange my 4KJ's for an Android Device to get the PIP?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Will the older Joeys be compatible with the Hopper Plus?
Will customers be allowed to install the new Joey 4s?
The Hopper Plus only adds Android TV features to the Hopper its connected to. It does not alter any of the other Joey's hooked up. If you want Android TV features on other TV's you will need to swap joeys for a new Joey 4 which are available in both wired and wireless.

I do believe they will allow customers to swap out themselves sometime in the future. :)

Anything related to Dish Wireless is greatly appreciated. You mentioned a while back that you may get a Dish Wireless phone. Do you still think this?

Not sure. They did say they wanted to get me one yesterday because I am in a test market.

But nothing solid of actually getting one.

As Charlie mentioned last night they are not actively looking for subscribers yet as they are still trying to setup and most importantly tune the network so it’s ready for wide launch which my feeling is won’t be until next year.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Guess who is first in line again? This guy. Been standing out here since 7:50 am.

That’s dedication. :)

IMG_3681.jpg

Not sure. They did say they wanted to get me one yesterday because I am in a test market.

But nothing solid of actually getting one.

As Charlie mentioned last night they are not actively looking for subscribers yet as they are still trying to setup and most importantly tune the network so it’s ready for wide launch which my feeling is won’t be until next year.
I am in the test market area also and I signed up for the beta testing.

As you may have noted last night sometimes there are spelling mistakes or auto correct kicks in and changes a word here or there.
Does that mean Charlie doesn't have a, "peanut butter and butter" sandwich almost every day? I was thinking to myself that if he has that every day he must be on to something, so I was going to TRY a peanut butter and butter sandwich, but now I am thinking I should hold off. :cool:

going around and trying to find people to answer some of your questions on things like guide issues and other issues that our SatelliteGuys members have reported
Guide data would be great to discuss!

My big question for a while has been ATSC 3.0 tuners since it is now broadcasting to more than half the homes in the country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts