Greetings from Dish Team Summit Day Two!

Brian tells us the future is now and we are going to change the way people communicate.

Brian introduces us to Amir Ahmed. He is the executive VP of Dish.

IMG_3692.jpg

He tells us to remember this day. He says we are all disrupters. Dish is working to disrupt the telecommunication industry.

IMG_3693.jpg

We roll another video package. It’s about redefining expectations.

Amir returns to the stage.

He talks about fragmentation. Wants to know how many remotes each of your customer have.

He introduces the Hopper Plus.

For some reason they seem to show a screen from an Apple TV.

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

One remote to give you everything and you always come home to Dish.

Next he introduces the Joey 4.

IMG_3697.jpg

He says the new boxes will be available in July.

Next he moves on to Sling TV

Talks about Sling TV watch party and we see a video of Sling TV watch party.

Sling tv is for cord cutters and cost conscious customers.

Talks about the new Sling TV UI.

Sling TV is rated number one in stream reliability.

People will be able to order and access other services through the sling tv app.

They talk about adding international programming and they have 400 channels in 22 languages.

They are working to make content more easily findable and they are offing a lot of free content.

Their goal is to put the customer first.

IMG_3699.jpg

They thank us and the package ends. Amir returns to the stage.

Man, "the future is now" sounds like spin of "we aren't doing much in the future". Hopper 3 was the receiver to end all new receivers, and they've created a Roku, been around a while.

Amir want to keep Dish on top of mind we go to marketing with Larry Frankel.

IMG_3706.jpg

We need to tell people why they need dish he introduces Kirt Simon.

He talks about winning the JD Power award for the 4th year in a row. He wants to strive for five.

They remain with the “Tuned into you” brand of marketing

IMG_3708.jpg

Talks about dish 99% signal reliability any time of year.

He says Dish customer should have the best of both worlds of satellite delivered tv plus streaming with the Hopper Plus.

A Hopper Plus TV ad is shown. Streaming and Live TV all in one place.

The move on to Dish Latino. Alfredo comes out and talk Dish Latino.

IMG_3713.jpg

Dish Latino has more Spanish channels that any other pay tv service.

A Dish Latino ad is shown. Very nice ad.

50 more Spanish language channels are coming by the end of the year and Dish will be doing a huge push for the wold cup.

Larry takes the stage again and thanks us for helping build the dish brand.

Man, "the future is now" sounds like spin of "we aren't doing much in the future". Hopper 3 was the receiver to end all new receivers, and they've created a Roku, been around a while.
I am glad you wrote that, if I did I would get yelled at.

Everything they are talking about, I have been able to do for years using my Roku, one remote, thanks to Arc, done, Live TV ( including YTTV and OTA) and all my apps in one place, done, lots of free stuff, thanks to PlutoTV, done, order and access other services, done.

So basically, Dish has caught up to about 3 years ago, unlike DirecTV, they seem about 6-8 years behind in equipment

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you get any offers to let Satellite Guys members help test the wireless network, I visit Richmond pretty frequently even though I don't live there. Glad to be involved, just not willing to spend $900 plus $30 monthly to do it.

- Trip

Reactions: c-spand
Amir takes the stage again.

He starts talking about Smart Home.

A smart home video is shown. Talks about retailers installing things like wifi routers, doorbells security cameras etc.

He talks about commercial sales opportunities.

Next he talks about Dish Outdoors. Take you TV in HD with you anywhere no other provider offers this.

IMG_3714.jpg

He talks about Republic Wireless by Dish.

60% lower prices then Verizon and AT&T. $30 a month for Dish customers only.

Works on all devices. Will offer two special deals. A new iPhone SE 2 for $69.99 Or a Samsung A32 for $49.99.

More features are coming including international roaming and device protection.

We are then giving a big welcome to Boost Nation. Boost is turning 20 years old this year.

Boat is going from a pre paid market to a nationwide mass market.

A Boost ads is shown. Boost is giving power to the people. They will offer device financing, launch local marketing and will be bringing new distribution points.

They want Boost to be a household name.

Talk about a new Boost One app which lets customers check their bills and if you spend time in the app to earn prizes or even free services.

There is a new postpaid brand of “Boost Infinite”

IMG_3720.jpg

Boost Infinite is the only plan that will give money back to the customer based on how much they use the service. 85% of the folks with unlimited internet don’t use more than 10 GB a month. Why should someone pay the same as someone paying 30 Gn a month.

Steve won’t give more details. But more details are coming this fall.

He promises the wireless market will never be the same.

John Swieringa the president of Dish Wireless takes the stage.

He asks retailers if they can sell these things.

He then goes on to talk about Dish Wireless.

Talks about the service being live here in Vegas and more markets coming this summer.

Dish wireless is working with the biggest names in tech and those companies are working hand in hand with dish to make this possible.

IMG_3723.jpg

Shows companies that are working with dish including Apple and Samsung. (Yes!)

IMG_3724.jpg

They are working with T Mobile and AT&T and Tmobile to speed up the nation wide rollout.

IMG_3725.jpg

Talks about the Dish phone the Celero 5G

IMG_3727.jpg

A video is shown showing off the phone.

He says a new version is coming this fall including full support for all of Dish’s 5G service.

IMG_3729.jpg

He introduces the Celero 5G +

It will be the largest android screen on the market.

A video is shown.

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

Talks about Samsung and their devices which will work on Boost and Republic Wireless
IMG_3735.jpg

Talks about Project Gene5is and how it’s being built to tune the network and get thinks ready for the future.

Current devices that work on Project Gene5is are Galaxy s22 and Motorola Edge plus.

Once Project Gene5is is done they will roll the technology into Boost and Republicans Wireless.

Stephen Bye takes the stage.

IMG_3741.jpg

Stephen talks about the Dish 5G smart network and why it’s different than anything else.

The foundation of the Dish Wireless network is software.

Other companies are built on Hardware and upgrades for them take years dish can update by changing its software. They can adopt to consumer wants and needs. And doing it this way the network can be built at a lower cost which means lower pricing for the customer.

Talks about 5 G O-Oran technology. He talks about it being an open network not hardware and software propitiate based.

It’s americas first smart network. They have put up thousands of cell sites already around the country. Construction is still very active and is still going on coast to coast.

Their network must cover 70% of then population by June of next year. And 20% by June 14th of this year.

IMG_3744.jpg

They are spending 10 billion dollars on this new network.

Talks about how Project Gene5is helped shape the network and they learned a lot.

He says customers expect 100% coverage anywhere in the USA and soon they will be able to offer it on their own network but can do it now with their partnerships with T-Mobile and AT&T.

He says 5G is more than just speed.

He gives some examples. They can take a slice of their network and give it so a mining company can deploy an autonomous mining operation powered by remote. This network needs to be fast and reliable.

Then he shows a farm using 5G to use moisture seniors to control the watering of crops and lower water use by over 30% yet have the same yields.

He closes by saying there were lots of skeptics but Dish is starting to prove and push ahead last status quo. We are the dawn of a new age.

Brian comes back out to close the session.

Again thank you to everyone who supported us on this trip and for making this possible.

I will be soon hitting the expo floor again shooting a lot of video but it’s going to take awhile to edit and post.

Again looking for questions to ask the dish team so please ask them here so I can ask them. :)

Everything they are talking about, I have been able to do for years using my Roku, one remote, thanks to Arc, done, Live TV ( including YTTV and OTA) and all my apps in one place, done, lots of free stuff, thanks to PlutoTV, done, order and access other services, done.

So basically, Dish has caught up to about 3 years ago, unlike DirecTV, they seem about 6-8 years behind in equipment

How many remotes do you use?

How about doing it just using ine? That’s what they are going for.

How many remotes do you use?

How about doing it just using ine? That’s what they are going for.
Personally, I use just one. I generally use my Apple tv, but that remote cuts the tv and soundbar on, and controls (obviously) the Apple tv where all my apps are.

Can do the same with roku or google tv. That said, it may not do it on older tvs, where Dishs option might.

Can do the same with roku or google tv. That said, it may not do it on older tvs, where Dishs option might.
Yes, Roku goes direct into the Sony A90J (HDMI 4), TV is set to Pass Through, ARC (HDMI 3) to the Yamaha CX-A5200, it automatically detects the Sound Format, be it Dolby Digital+ or Atmos.

The Roku Remote then does everything, Turn Everything on, off, volume, open/close apps, play, rewind/forward, change channel on YTTV or OTA, set recording, etc, etc.

Honestly I am the most excited about getting an updated wireless Joey (though disappointed the WAP isn’t getting updated as well). Our household is completely Apple with AppleTVs on most TVs so I don’t think I’d have a use for the other devices. I assume I’d be able to just get the new wireless Joey and add it to my current H3 network of Joey’s?

My Vizio remote manages my tv via ARC as well, except Dish. But where I don't have a receiver proper, my Dish universal remote controls everything on that setup. I think Dish is running out of things to do. Hopper 3 can't really be beat.

What I take from the Dish Roku is Dish is already beginning a separation protocol to go away from sat signal TV. This is essentially the beginning of the end of Sat TV Dish Network as they transition to 5G.

Any future plans to enhance their Hopper+ with a DVR or is that too far down the road?
Do you mean an extra dvr? I am confused. The Hopper+ uses the Hopper's existing DVR.
As someone posted yesterday, think of the Hopper+ as a Joey that happens to plug into the Hopper itself. It is just primarily functioning to change DIsh to an AndroidTv interface and give you access to all the streaming apps in the Google Playstore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts