GREETINGS FROM YOUR MODERATION STAFF:HAVE ANY THOUGHTS AND IDEAS POST HERE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DIGITAL~DAN

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 9, 2004
WILMINGTON,N.C
Hello Everyone My Name Is DIGITAL~DAN And I Would Like To Welcome Everyone To SATELLITEGUYS.US Directv ~Forum. I Would also Like To Let Everyone Know That I Really Look Forward To Serving As One Of Your Moderators, As You May Have Noticed Some Changes Were Made Last Night To The Forum And We Now Have Some Stickys At The Top Of The Page.I Did Not Delete Any Post Or Threads I Just Merged Alot Of Them To Cut Down On Alot Of Confusion.I Hope This Will Make Things A Little Easier To find.I also would like everyone to know that silversurfer and I are open to any suggestions that you may have so we together can make this the best directv forum on the internet........thanks in advance.........................DIGITAL~DAN and SILVERSURFER01973

I wasn't confused by the way it was, it is more confusing now.

I all want is the latest in breaking news and rumors about Direct TV.

Keep up the good work.

I like the changes.

DIGITAL~DAN said:
Please Post All Comments And Suggestions Here They Will Be Considered
Well, I'll say that while your efforts are appreciated, I for one don't like all the consolidation of threads. Sometimes I will see a thread about something that either interests me, or may be something that I may be able to help someone else with. But I certainly won't bother wading through a hodge-podge of issues in the "DirecTV equipment thread" to see how many of those I may be able to help people with, much less wading through the intermixed answers to see if the issue has already been addressed. Same thing with "news and developments"... there are certain things that I find interesting, and others I don't. I'm not going to bother wading through that thread to find the ones I'm interested in. "DirecTV Questions thread"???? That's practically the entire forum in one thread. How are we supposed to follow that? The whole point of forum software is individual topics are kept together. Grouping them all into just a few threads defeats the entire purpose.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but I really don't think this is a step in the right direction.

Darin said:
Well, I'll say that while your efforts are appreciated, I for one don't like all the consolidation of threads. Sometimes I will see a thread about something that either interests me, or may be something that I may be able to help someone else with. But I certainly won't bother wading through a hodge-podge of issues in the "DirecTV equipment thread" to see how many of those I may be able to help people with, much less wading through the intermixed answers to see if the issue has already been addressed. Same thing with "news and developments"... there are certain things that I find interesting, and others I don't. I'm not going to bother wading through that thread to find the ones I'm interested in. "DirecTV Questions thread"???? That's practically the entire forum in one thread. How are we supposed to follow that? The whole point of forum software is individual topics are kept together. Grouping them all into just a few threads defeats the entire purpose.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but I really don't think this is a step in the right direction.

I agree. Not trying to sound harsh But I will not wade through 10+ pages of various posts to find something that might interest me. A step backward.

First I would like to welcome Digital~Dan as our new DirecTV forum Moderator.

Silversurfer is still a moderator, however he is currently in the middle east somewhere serving our country against the war on terrorism.

At SatelliteGuys we were build by listening to you our members, please give Dan a chance to settle in and get use to things. I do agree however I rather individual posts on hardware and programming instead of lumping them together in mega threads. Mega threads over time just don't work, this technology and software changes way to often. :)

Thank you everyone for the feedback you have given so far. I am sure Dan will work hard to build you one of the internet's best DiecTV forums. :)

Keep the feedback coming!

Scott Greczkowski said:
First I would like to welcome Digital~Dan as our new DirecTV forum Moderator.

Silversurfer is still a moderator, however he is currently in the middle east somewhere serving our country against the war on terrorism.

At SatelliteGuys we were build by listening to you our members, please give Dan a chance to settle in and get use to things. I do agree however I rather individual posts on hardware and programming instead of lumping them together in mega threads. Mega threads over time just don't work, this technology and software changes way to often. :)

Thank you everyone for the feedback you have given so far. I am sure Dan will work hard to build you one of the internet's best DiecTV forums. :)

Keep the feedback coming!

I agree with the above. Mega-threads are cumbersome. I think the whole idea behind a forum like this is to look for what topics interest the individual. I do not have time to search through everything especially when a hot topic comes up that could overload a Mega-thread.
I also believe that when a significant change as this is proposed that it is posted for comments first.
Pauly :cool:

Welcome Dan,

I think merging all those D* threads was a mistake. Merging several threads that are the same topic is fine, but merging several unrelated threads makes is confusing.

I just looked at the one that says "all questions here"

no offence, but that's not the brightest idea. I like to help out when I can, but I'm not going through a 40 page thread to help someone

Go back to original arrangement!

Madtown HD Junkie said:
I agree. Not trying to sound harsh But I will not wade through 10+ pages of various posts to find something that might interest me. A step backward and doubt I will continue to use this forum in it's new form.

I agree that lumping everything together is a mistake. It's takes too much time to find postings of interest! Please return to the original form.

I hate when my wife cleans my office, then I can't find anything.

Thanks for your feedback all! I am sure Dan will work hard to make our DirecTV area something to be proud of.

Yeah, It was a interesting Idea, but puting more than one topic into a single thread makes it hard to find and discuss things...

BFG said:
Yeah, It was a interesting Idea, but puting more than one topic into a single thread makes it hard to find and discuss things...
Say it ain't so. Please put it back the way it was.

Welcome to the staff Digital Dan, you have certainly been baptized by fire to say the least, you have to have a really THICK skin for this job (a suit of Armour would also help) don't let the punters (and staff) get you down! Keep tweaking and then respond to the reaction, the criticism just shows the passion members have for their sateliteguys.us forum! Good luck with the DirecTV forum.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Perhaps we need forums for equipment, programming, and news...

Just a thought. :D

Absolutely love this idea. There is already a separate forum for the DVR, why not just extend that further.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)