greetings :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony1097

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2006
I already posted one thread here (Aussie rules) but here is a more formal ntroduction :)

My name is Tony (duh!) I live in Elyria, Ohio which is about 25-30 miles west of Cleveland. My intrest in FTA lies in a couple things: 1, sports. 2, montioring various signals. I have tinkered with shortwave radios, police scanners, AM/FM/OTA tv for many years just to see what I can pick up, and always considered a sports broadcast I couldn't see/hear otherwise as a huge bonus. (DX) the 1st couple weeks of NFL season, I can sometimes get in stations from toledo,detroit, and CH and Global out of Sothern Onatrio. Free games, woohoo! usaully not any longer than that though when the ducting disipates for the fall/winter.

as far as FTA goes, I can't really set up any type of system, ( I live with my mom and step dad), so that is kind of an out for me right now. But maybe some day.. I will.

I have seen C-band FTA though. A few times my dad and I would go over to 1 of his friends house to watch an NFL or college game we couldn't see otherwise.(This was before the NFLST days) It was a BUD. I was just as fascinated with when he would flip through the channels as watcihng the games! him going through until he found the right channel/game that we came over to see. I saw some things I wish I hadn't seen too, mind you while he was flipping through :D

There is also the programs on shortwave that dealt with techie stuff, including satellite.. such as Tom and Darryl, amd Friday Night Live.. that makes me ask.. is the w0kie satellite network still in existance?

I have picked up a few high school sports backhauls on my scanner though. the relay of the broadcast back to the radio station. It's quite amusing to listen to during the "commercial break"!

Anyway, there you have it, my intrest in a nutshrell. I thought about doing a Ku tripod type deal and watching outside.. but being outside, november/dec/jan in ohio.. it doesn't work out too well ;)

I will continue to lurk mostly, but just want PSB, Iceberg, and the gang to know, I am having fun reading this FTA board ! maybe some day.. I will do some hands-on FTA. SBS-6 awates me :D !. I probably wont post a whole lot, but I will do some more lurking for sure.

Take care everyone!
Tony

Last edited:
Another Ohio'n. Greetings Tony

:up Nice to see another person from Ohio jumping on the FTA wagon. Best purchase I ever made. -Mike

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)