Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
Hi Guys
I´m down here in a nice warm spot and next door is a guy with a 20´ c-band set up and 4D receiver. I chatted with him about his rig and he´s interested in getting some US network feeds. I´m trying to figure out if he can get any KU birds with his 20´ way down here in San Jose. The dish is a real beauty and I´ve taken some pics which I´ll post when I get back.
So what do you think.

PS
This is the land of the 1 meter dish. Almost every house has a directv 1 meter or ¨star¨ dish.

I´ll check in tomorrow morning
Thanks

Dam! Costa Rica in December:D I spent most of the day shovelling snow from the blizzard we got overnight, must be 2 feet of new stuff out there. I'll be watching for the pictures of that monster dish.

Greg, you'll be happy to know the ferries ran out of fuel! We have 23 inches of snow here in Lynnwood. AND SeaTac airport just got de-icer (in last 20 minutes) so they may be getting flights in and out soon. Oh,yeah, more snow tommorrow night! And fuel trucks are not making drops up on the Samamish Plateau!
Do you really want to come back, now?

We were sweating bullets getting out of SeaTac on Saturday. We could see the storm coming and all the flights were getting cancelled. We finally made it to San Jose an hour and a half late, but we made it.

We don´t have to come back until Jan 2 :)

The ultimate irony is that those 1 M dishes (probably Channel Masters or maybe Winegards) are being used to receive DirecTV :) I wish D* would start using those around here, with the number of subscribers they have in my area I'd be in 1 M dishes up to my ears!

The 1 meter dishes they use here, are stamped out dishes, for the most part, like the pizza pans. Once in a while you will see a molded dish but most of the time, not.

We are at Sugar Beach, now, swimming in the Pacific Ocean. Our internet connection is through a two meter dish, which is pointed way over to the west. Its a little hit and miss:(

Merry Christmas everyone

The 20' dish in Costa Rica.
It somehow looks smaller in this picture than when you stand next to it and look at it

Attachments

• Big_Dish.jpg
    Big_Dish.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 216
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)