Greg Schiano interviewed for Michigan job!

I think one reason coaches aren't jumping at the UM job is because Lloyd still has an office in the building. Who wants an ex-coach looking over their shoulder? Especially one who has been owned by the school's biggest rival the last six years.

I think Cameron would have been the odds on favorite BEFORE he signed on with the Dolphins. Definitely, NOT NOW!

But in ALL honesty, how can you blame him for the SH** that was left behind from Nick Satan? There is ABSOLUTELY no talent on the team but 4 or 5 players. That's it....and ONE is out for the season(Ronnie Brown).

Oh I'm not blaming him, I really couldn't care less about Miami's problems. All though, you got to admit it's pretty inept not to win one game. My point is, could you imagine the fallout from Michigan backers about hiring a guy who is 0-13? They'll burn AD Martin in effigy. He may be a good coach, I just don't think we'll find out in Michigan. PR disaster in the making. Trust me. It may be time to mend the fences with Jim Harbaugh. But then he may have pissed too many people off , to fix that one. Too bad, I think he fit the criteria well. Michigan man, experienced, good rep for recruiting (West coast contacts are a plus), up and coming, and young.

West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez meets with U-M

December 14, 2007

By MICHAEL ROSENBERG and MARK SNYDER

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITERS

Editor's note: Story updated at 11:35 p.m.

Michigan has a new leading candidate to be its next football coach: West Virginia’s Rich Rodriguez.

Rodriguez, a leading proponent of the spread offense, met with U-M president Mary Sue Coleman and athletic director Bill Martin in Toledo on Friday to discuss the open position, two people at U-M confirmed to the Free Press.

A private plane flew from northern Ohio to Morgantown, W.Va., to pick up Rodriguez early in the morning. He was flown to Toledo and then returned late in the afternoon. When he touched back down in Morgantown, Rodriguez declined comment to the Associated Press, other than to say he was going to practice.

Rodriguez has a previously scheduled press conference Saturday morning in Morgantown to preview the team's Fiesta Bowl trip.

At the stadium, Rodriguez told a Morgantown-based radio reporter, Hoppy Kercheval, that he indeed had been to Toledo.

“He said he met for six hours with his agent and chief financial advisor in Toledo,” Kercheval said, “and he complemented his financial advisor and said that’s all it was.”

When asked whether he had met with Michigan, Rodriguez declined comment.
Rodriguez, 44, has compiled an impressive record — 60-26 — in seven seasons with the Mountaineers. His last three teams have won at least 10 games and have contended for the national championship. He has won four Big East titles.

MICHIGAN COACHING SEARCH: West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez meets with U-M

Another candidate.

At least this one is smart enough to keep his mouth shut (so far). I really don't see this guy coming here either. Would love to have him though. What he's done at W. Va. is impressive. Rumored to have a $4M buyout though.

At least this one is smart enough to keep his mouth shut (so far). I really don't see this guy coming here either. Would love to have him though. What he's done at W. Va. is impressive. Rumored to have a $4M buyout though.

Man, I sure have been wrong a lot this year. I'll try to fix that for 2008.:D

Petrino resigns from Falcons

Qbr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)