Grit and Escape Ink Fresh Carriage Deals

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
from B&C

Univision Television Group will launch the female-focused network Escape and its male counterpart Grit as multicast channels in Washington, San Francisco and Phoenix. It previously announced carriage of the networks on stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and Miami.

Cox Media Group will carry Grit on its Orlando station, Escape in Charlotte and both in Tulsa.

Citadel Communications will launch both networks on its stations in Providence and Lincoln (Neb.) , while independent KJWP Philadelphia will carry both channels.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...it-and-escape-ink-fresh-carriage-deals/132502

crap, wonder where these are going or what we will lose. Those 2 Cox stations in Tulsa already have Fox and MeTv on one and MyNet, GETtv and Zuus on the other. They just added GetTv a few months ago. Not much bandwidth left to add to and keep quality decent.

edit: looks like we are losing Zuus and getting Escape and Grit on the .3 channels of KOKI and KMYT. Hopefully HD football on Fox doesn't suffer with another subchannel.

In Dallas they are going to be on Spanish television stations 49.3 and 23.2 so we won't lose anything but it is questionable if we are gaining anything.

The Univision owned stations have just added the new sub-channels here in San Francisco.
KDTV
14.1 Univision
14.2 UniMas
14.3 Get TV
14.4 Escape - Movies about escaping a bad situation
KFSF
66.1 UniMas
66.2 Univision
66.3 Bounce TV
66.4 Grit - Movies with backbone

Both new channels are now showing continuous promos.

Larry

The Univision owned stations have just added the new sub-channels here in San Francisco.
KDTV
14.1 Univision
14.2 UniMas
14.3 Get TV
14.4 Escape - Movies about escaping a bad situation
KFSF
66.1 UniMas
66.2 Univision
66.3 Bounce TV
66.4 Grit - Movies with backbone

Both new channels are now showing continuous promos.

Larry
They have been added in DC as well but there is no programming yet.

Escape added to koki in Tulsa yesterday. Its just a black screen. Grit cant go up till Monday since its replacing Zuus Country.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

In Dallas 49.3 is Grit now showing promos. 23.2 & 23.3 are both active with black screens one will be Escape don't know what the other will be.

rabbitears says BounceTV soon. I think Univision signed an agreement to carry it in their O&O markets. Probably waiting for the contract to end on whatever station carries it now

Those are showing in Fresno on the Univision channel also with promos. GetTV is already on there as well.

Escape is on 6.3 WLNE-D3 out of Providence. WLNE is the ABC affiliate
I'm actually in the Boston DMA, however I do receive two Providence stations OTA. Don't see Grit yet....
EDIT: just did a double check and Escape is also on 66.4 WUTF-DT in the Boston DMA
Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

I didnt check this morning to see if it replaced zuus yet in Tulsa. Escape was all screwed last night when I looked. Looked like it was dropping frames in slow motion

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I guessing they may have to wait for a contract with Zuus to expire here in Tulsa. It was still Zuus Country on earlier tonight. Wish Grit was on 23.3 instead of Escape, Grit schedule is more to my liking than Escape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts