Grossman has got to be Done!

Awful quarterbacks face more pressure and more criticism than their serviceable counterparts, Chicago Bears QB Rex Grossman says in an interview scheduled to air on HBO on Tuesday night. Grossman, in an interview on "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," tells interviewer James Brown that awful quarterbacks such as himself face added pressure because there are fewer awful QBs -- and because some still don't want awful athletes playing the position. "There's not that many awful quarterbacks, so we have to do a little bit extra," Grossman tells HBO. "Because the percentage of us playing this position, which people didn't want us to play ... is low, so we do a little extra and make that third interception and seventh overthrown pass."

He looked HORRIBLE last night. I'm glad he stunk though, as I have Dallas's defense, Tony Romo, and Barber on my fantasy team.

Who else they going to put in his place?

When Grossman got hurt in '05 Greg Orton came off the bench and took the Bears to the playoffs. Give him another chance. Brian Greise is a capable, but not a great quarterback, lets see what he can do.

I am gald I came across this thread. I have been letting this eat me up since Sunday night. It's bad enough that the Bears are losing games that should be won, but I can't stand loosing to Green Bay and Dallas. The way it looks I have at least two more tough loses coming my way.

This is my 47th season as a Bears fan and believe me I have seen some terrible quarterbacks. I will not mention any names, but long time Bears fans know who they are. I watched Grossman play at Bloomington North, they said he was one of the best in Indiana. I didn't see it. I lost track of him when he went to Flordia. When he showed up with the Bears I thought okay, a "local" boy with big promise will do it. My son told me that I would be disappointed. He was right. I wouldn't have a problem if he was consistant, but I can't take this Sid Luckman one game and Jack Concannon the next. I remember every Sunday night WLS would play the Ray Charles classic, HIT THE ROAD, JACK and dedcicate to Concannon.

Thanks for letting me vent this.

Hey Rex,

Come on up north and enjoy the fresh air of the Fox valley! Fall colors are great!

You'll have plenty of time to look at them from the bench.

Sing along everybody !!! "The Bears Still Suck, the Bears still suck"

I can't agree. They pounded hard, really hard. I think the answer is that Romo was grossly underrated. What a game he had. And he is from place 14 miles south of me:) Also TO looked happy and played well. But Romo...:)

I think Romo is Over rated ..... jmo

Kyle Orton is the guy they went with a few years back , before Grossman got there.

I was never impressed with Grossman while he was a Flordia as well, my buddy is a Bears fan and I also told him that when Grossman got there that he would be dissappointed as well.

Thier current options are Griese (which is starting against the Lions this week), I think the Bears coaches decided to pull Grossman because they figured he would lite up the Lions and then they would not be able to change QB's after he looked so good :)
The other option is Kyle Orton, out of Purdue, I think he too should get a shot.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts