NHL center ice in HD

directv should offer every game available in hd to its center ice customers this season. the regional sports networks are expected to shift to conus beam by the end of september.

directv should offer every game available in hd to its center ice customers this season. the regional sports networks are expected to shift to conus beam by the end of september.

Two years ago, they should have offered every game free due to the Strike, but never did anything to bring in fans via the TV.
Only thing they did was thank the fans on the ice ...

Jimbo

i agree. i'm still debating whether or not i want to sign up for center ice. the early bird ends october 9. we should know by then if the rsn's are on conus beam.

I think I will pass, I like hockey but not enough to pay extra to see it.

I'm not sure about DirecTV but Dish is going to have something GREAT for NHLCI this year.
Trust me on this one, I can't reveal what I know but it'll give hockey fans a huge woody!

HD would sure be nice to see this year. I just switched back to Dish after the last three years with the HDTivo.

I have been waiting several years now for the Wings to be available in HD ....
Now that Steve Yzerman and company are gone it almost doesn't matter anymore.

Jimbo

I'm not sure about DirecTV but Dish is going to have something GREAT for NHLCI this year.
Trust me on this one, I can't reveal what I know but it'll give hockey fans a huge woody!

I would like to know this b4 I pay DTV $149.00

so if you can PM me the infor.. it will be are little secrect

I know that A.T.&T Yahoo offers a game or two a week on the PC but I would like to know if there is anything available similiar to MLB.TV. I would also like to know when E* is going to make the Center ICE announcement.

maybe i finally found the place for answers.... i currently have directv and centre ice (9 years) but i'm looking at Dish-but a few things i need to know:

Will Dish show both home and away feeds this season on Centre Ice? i know they have in the past. this is one thing that would make me switch to Dish...

also, will dish be showing games in HD, either via RSN ( thru centre ice), or 'overflow channels' as directv does with channels 94, 95. games in HD, besides what is normally on Versus, HDNET, NBC.

finally- i'm assuming hockey nite in canada is included with every centre ice subscription regardless of the carrier, but i just want to confirm that Dish carries it too...

thanks guys for whatever help you can lend...

Hey, I went to add my Centre Ice package this month (the usual...) and was told that DISH network may or may not be carrying it this year. Is this true? Any input would be nice. We're transplanted Canadians in the heart of Texas and we're kind of, uhhhhm.... freaking out!!!

We usually add the package about late August so we're worried.

Dish WILL have Center Ice. It will aslo have the NHL Network HD!!!
All regional HD games will ber included.

Big Woody!

All regional means your LOCAL team, your RSN or FSN as the case may be depending on where you are.

Jimbo

what about RSN telecasts via centre ice -- but NOT your local team - are you saying then these will not be in HD?

what about RSN telecasts via centre ice -- but NOT your local team - are you saying then these will not be in HD?

Don't know as I have never had the CE package, Digital Dude may be able to answer you, he had D* awhile back.
I know he perfers DISH's CI over D*'s

Maybe someone should email D* and ask if they will be showing both home and away feeds like E* does.
Maybe this would get them to think about it if it's not being done by now, I know it wasn't last year, also ask about the HD on the CE package.

Jimbo

Don't know as I have never had the CE package, Digital Dude may be able to answer you, he had D* awhile back.
I know he perfers DISH's CI over D*'s

Maybe someone should email D* and ask if they will be showing both home and away feeds like E* does.
Maybe this would get them to think about it if it's not being done by now, I know it wasn't last year, also ask about the HD on the CE package.

Jimbo

ok - i'm confused - your first post states:
All regional means your LOCAL team, your RSN or FSN as the case may be depending on where you are.

you are not referring to centre ice then?? i may have misunderstood.
my question was regarding dish and centre ice showing HD games (plus home/away feeds -out of market).

i have directv and they don't show both feeds and haven't for the 9 years i've been with them. i've called, emailed them too. last i spoke with someone in retentions at D* and she said they were not allowed "contractually" to show both feeds of each game. but as often the case with these csr i didn't believe she knew what she was talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts