grr on ebay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ebay suspended my accout due to "misleading title" in my last auction. How was that misleading.. the title specifically said xbox 360 box (not console).... Ok im done venting.. I will call them tommorow and geter fixed..

there are alot of people trying to scam people into thinking they are getting a xbox 360. they probably think you are trying to run a scam.

goaliebob99 said:
Ebay suspended my accout due to "misleading title" in my last auction. How was that misleading.. the title specifically said xbox 360 box (not console).... Ok im done venting.. I will call them tommorow and geter fixed..
Word of advice, eBay is going after a lot of sellers that are dealing with Xbox360 sales. Carefully inspecting all ads and making sure nothing is misleading.
I was also suspended for trying to sell an email address with the Xbox360 name on it. Although I listed it for $9.99 buy it now to see if it would sell, I was suspended for the same reason as yours “misleading title”
My account will be re-instated on the 21st of this month, which is approx 30 days after my initial suspension.
I do admit that it's totally my fault trying to sell an email address for fun, and it was a hard lesson to learn with my 30-day suspension. :rolleyes:

I am sure the buy it now price did not help. Some people may consider the box the console so some people may misunderstand you.

Why would someone even be trying to sell the box the console came in unless they though that it would be misread as the device?

The only reason I see is it would be a nice joke for someone. :D

Well, I was going to say he's got a case but he wasn't selling the xbox360 box, he was selling some handmade thing wasn't he? Ebay is actually right, the title is misleading. If he was actually selling the actual box he would be fine. I think they'd still have suspended him because of all the scamming, but he'd be right. As it stands now I think ebay is actually in the right here. Maybe if it was "Handmade XBOX 360 Joke Box" he'd have a case...

I talked to ebay today... and there working on reinstating my account as it was meant as a gag gift.. As korsjs said they thought it was a scam, and thats why they shut it down. Ebays sending me a revised listing of what they want to see before I put it back up on ebay. One thing that ebay did say they want into the title was XBOX 360 GAG GIFT.

i think someone will buy the box. there will be people that try to fake a 360 in the box and sell it to someone.

i do not recommend buying from someone out of the truck. if you do so, open the box to make sure the actual unit is inside. it is going to get a lot worse with xmas approaching.

Heck I'd probably buy something like that just as a gag gift. It would be something if what is inside would actually be something better.

From a legal standpoint, I would say that the problem stemmed from the fact that the word "box" is also inherent in the name of the product. Hey, ....some people get confused trying to put their pants on in the morning...lol

If someone gave me that as a gag, when I was expecting to get a 360, they'd have a ham bone jabbed in their eye before they could explain that it was a joke...

Hey goaliebob, at some point are you going to take the hint and just leave it be? It's been out a month, you had your "fun", what's left in it for you seriously? You really going to get a kick out if when someone buys it expecting a system?

Purogamer said:
If someone gave me that as a gag, when I was expecting to get a 360, they'd have a ham bone jabbed in their eye before they could explain that it was a joke...

Hey goaliebob, at some point are you going to take the hint and just leave it be? It's been out a month, you had your "fun", what's left in it for you seriously? You really going to get a kick out if when someone buys it expecting a system?

Purogamer it was never meant as the actuall game system. Reading the listing you can obviously see that it was a gag gift.. Thats all. But if it makes you all happy I will just let it be..

I think Pruogamer's point was that one of the reasons someone might want your XBox 360 box was to use it to hold an old Atari 2600 or Colleco Adam. Giving something like that to a teen or younger child would definately get one nominated for "Grinch of the Year"...

goaliebob99 said:
Purogamer it was never meant as the actuall game system. Reading the listing you can obviously see that it was a gag gift.. Thats all. But if it makes you all happy I will just let it be..

Of course, weren't you asking a lot of money for an empty box? I seem to remember the starting price being rather high. A misleading title and a high price (for an empty box) means you were asking for it. People on eBay don't always read thoroughly so you can't assume they're going to read the entire listing. Some bid hastily and then read.

I heard about someone doing this on the radio this morning.

I do think it would be awsome to give someone this "maybe like in dirty santa." Just to see someones face.

Status
Not open for further replies.