GTA IV: It IS Time...

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Figured since we had the thread about us waiting for the game, it has been a week so now we can talk about playing it.

I was going to wait on GTA4, but after reading all the overwhelmingly good reviews and such, I decided to let fate decide and went into Circuit City since they had a $10 gift card w/ purchase. I said that if they had the game in I would buy it, but if not I would just wait on my gamefly Queue. They had copies, so now it's in my console. So far I really enjoy the game. It has been a while since I got into a GTA game. I have the 360 version, and so far I haven't had any problems. I am immensely amused how me and Niko have almost the same antennas for our televisions. Luckily I have a slightly better set hooked up to mine. I'm still getting used to the driving scheme. I find that taking some corners is hard and it says I need to use handbrake and stuff for best steering, which I find quite odd. At least the common mainstays of the game are still here, like the good acting, voicework, motion-capture, sense of humor, etc. Should be interesting to see how the game develops. What a far cry from GTA3 (even though that was about 4 games ago) when your own character could not even talk.

Ya it's pretty damn incredible, and I say that while currently frustrated after failing an easy missions 4 times in a row cause i keep making a mistake while chasing a guy...

360 version as well, no problems here. I think I only notice some of the 'pop-in' stuff because of all the anti-360 hype about it at the last second.

The only problem I have is the over-scanning issue.....I'm playing it on a 53" HD RPTV so it cuts off the edges......I've become used to it but I hope Rockstar can issue a patch of some sort to fix it....

Other than that the game is awesome...I've played it for hours and truthfully have not done that many of the story missions.....

The only problem I have is the over-scanning issue.....I'm playing it on a 53" HD RPTV so it cuts off the edges......I've become used to it but I hope Rockstar can issue a patch of some sort to fix it....

Other than that the game is awesome...I've played it for hours and truthfully have not done that many of the story missions.....
I Don't know if it is my tv but I find some of the text to be hard to read, especially after the missions when they show how much money you got or what you did with relationships (or whatever it represents on the bottom left area of the screen after a mission.) Maybe I need to do some tweaking on the sharpness of the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts