Guess i'm sticking with E for now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Here's the scoop.

I am a Dish customer and former D* customer. I am interested in switching back. I'm even interested in swallowing the $160 termination fee from E.

However, I subscribe to center ice, which I paid $160. I was willing to eat what I paid E* on this, but asked if D* can prorate the package for me as the season is close to 2/3rd over (i'm not going to pay another $160 for 30 games).

They refused to do it. There's only so much money I can justify losing making this switch, but that is just the breaking point.

I had my mind made. I even decided to deal with inferior hardware. Difficulty like this is making me think this is a bad move. I'll stick it out for a while longer. One day i'll get to see the Rangers in HD.

dude, don't you know that every time the rangers pick up a greedy devils free agent, they're cursed to not even make the playoffs for a few years. Remember HoliK?

The rangers are done this year anyway. Also, they'll probably have a $169 CI package next season....with a $49 HD addon. I can just see it.

But I feel your pain. I was a 10yr D* sub and they wanted $299 from me for the HDDVR. Dish gave it to me for free with 12 months free HD. Now D* wants me back but they refuse to treat me like a new customer and give me the same deal they advertise on their web site. They insist I'm still considered an existing customer. I guess nobody told them I jumped ship 15 months ago.

I told them, if you consider me an existing customer instead of a new customer, can I consider my monopoly money real money and pay the $199 HDDVR fee with that?

Looks like the half-season NHLCI will be $119.....for what? 25 games?

I decided to stick with E*, upgrade to dvr advantage and save $6/mth and got the cinemax for a penny for 2 years deal to ease my pain. They also threw in 6 more free HD months.

We'll probably get SCIFI and USA soon....hopefully. And at this point, I'm gonna practice patience and give them till next hockey season for FSNYHD.

Hey, if you are a coyotes fan in the phoenix area, you only get 10 games per year broadcast in HD. I'm getting more devils away games in HD than that....games they can't get in HD in the NY area. :p

You're kinda lucky.....the rangers seem to be on HDNET or VS like every other game. They never show the devils on those channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts