Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Marilla, NY
Coming July 7th

Sundance HD – 1183 Rochester/884 Buffalo
Bloomberg HD – 1182 Rochester/883 Buffalo
Gospel Music Channel HD – 1181 Rochester/882 Buffalo
GSN HD – 881 Buffalo

That makes 13 new HD channels in a two month span. How many has Dish Network, 'the HD leader' DirecTV and gods gift, Verizon Fios added in the same time frame?

132 HD channel for Rochester, 136 HD channels for Buffalo. After these adds TW in WNY will have 71% of all national HD channels in existance in the United States, more then any other provider, except TW in NYC.

Time Warner Cable - The REAL HD leader!!!

Yea for upstate NY. Other TWC markets like here were stuck with 5 HD non local channels (although they finally added 15 more this month).

According to their website, TW has 57 HD channels in your area, granted that's not too good, but once whatever upgrades are needed are complete, that number should at least double in no time. To my count there are exactly 170 national HD channels broadcasting right now (not counting west feeds), TW has contracts to carry all but 27 of them (6 of them being the ES HD channels). Considering DirecTV doesn't take HD very seriously, Cheap Charlie likes to piss on NY State and Verizon has run out of bandwidth for Fios, TW is sitting pretty right now.

Once TW upgrades more systems, they will be an HD powerhouse in all the areas the serve, combine that with pushing out DOCSIS 3, and Time Warner along with Comcast will have the most HD channels and the fastest internet speeds in the country.

I got a dosis 3.0 modem with this buildout. They say more HD next month (actually looks like they added more to the list already). Internet at 20mbit/sec now promise 50 soon... They are making real progress, but they are years late in my area. All the extra HD channels at the top of the chart have been added in the last 30 days.

Coming July 7th

GSN HD – 881 Buffalo

That makes 13 new HD channels in a two month span. How many has Dish Network, 'the HD leader' DirecTV and gods gift, Verizon Fios added in the same time frame?

132 HD channel for Rochester, 136 HD channels for Buffalo. After these adds TW in WNY will have 71% of all national HD channels in existance in the United States, more then any other provider, except TW in NYC.

There is really only about six channels they don't have that I really want, the two Mark Cuban channels, the nfl network and their redzone channel (which looks like it doesn't really matter now we don't even know if their will be a season) and cbc and ctv HD feeds, and if I wasn't really so lazy could put up an antenna and get them ota.

got ya beat. we are getting 17 new hd channels in june, two this month, two in april and 3 in march. i'm not even counting january or february.

Yeah but some of your additions we've had for a while now. Had all the Cinemax channels in HD for almost two years now. Either way good to see TWC and BHN continue to add and slaughter the pizza pans and Verizon lame attempt at a TV service.

As for the Canadian channels in HD, I doubt that will ever happen due to legality and hurtles that may be involved. I’m in the opposite situation. I have an outdoor antenna on my roof that was put up shortly after I got Dish in 1998, before locals were added, stupid thing has been disconnected for years, too lazy to take the thing down, I thought the wind might blow it down, but so far that hasn’t happened. As for the HDNets, look at the history of all the original HD only channels that only existed to showcase HD content, they’re mostly all dead and gone. In a few years I bet HDNet and HDNet Movies will cease to exist. May 29th is a day to celebrate, it will be the two year anniversary they were removed from TW. I was never so excite to lose channels as the day we lost those two. Hopefully Time Warner NEVER EVER EVER adds Cubans channels back.

Coming July 7th

GSN HD – 881 Buffalo

just got 8 new hd channels in central florida with 8 more coming at the end of the month. that makes almost 30 since january 1. by july 1, i believe bright house will either have 160 or 170 hd channels here in the orlando, daytona beach, melbourne area.

FEARnet HD Ch 871 to TWC Movie Pass HD
Oxygen HD Ch 858 to Standard Digital Format HD
HSN HD Ch 886 to Free HD Tier
Reelz HD Ch 885 to Digital Basic HD
Lifetime HD Ch 894 to Digital Basic HD

All are active tonight and I am watching FEARnet now:)

Yesterday was a good Festivus! Not a lot of channels I’d personally watch, but channels that not many other providers carry. Legal notifications were updated on June 1, no new announcements, so looks like no HD Festivus in August, but still one for July 7.

just got 8 new hd channels in central florida with 8 more coming at the end of the month. that makes almost 30 since january 1. by july 1, i believe bright house will either have 160 or 170 hd channels here in the orlando, daytona beach, melbourne area.

Just curious, do you guys down there have Indeplex and/or Retroplex in HD? I read somewhere that BHN was going to be adding those, but I have seen nothing about TW added them anywhere. Just wondering of there's contracts in place with Starz for those two channels or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)