Guide change

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
Has anyone else noticed that the number of guide selections has changed from 8 or 9 to 6 per page since yesterday? I checked the guide and thats the highest number they offer,but for the last year,i have gotten the higher number,which caused the guide description to only show half of the information at the top of the guide and I had to hit info to read all the information. I actually liked the old way,as it was quicker checking for me checking movies. I called Dish and they were not aware of the 8 or 9 lines,but said they did an guide update. Is a 722K.
Also,when recording on the TSC I always use the HD site and the shows are recorded in letter box. Why? If I record them in non HD,will they be recorded regular?(no letter box)
Trivial questions,but I know someone knows the answer. Thanks John

Last edited:
I have 6.85 (same update that changes the "pause" overlay from the full-width bottom bar to a small pause-only-symbol in the upper-right ? Didn't notice any change in my guide...

Do/did you have your TV1 set to 720p or 1080i? I believe the update only changed things when using those resolutions. TV2 as far as I am aware was not affected.

1-2 weeks ago, the guide did get reset to show 2-1/2 hours + (7) channels. I changed it back to look like the "old" way, 1 hour + (5) channels. I presumed there was another update... Nothing to see here, move along... :)

Yeah, OP was talking about the option for the guide without video being removed, then Scott mentioned the smaller text in the guide. Both changes were implemented in the same software update (622 L635 722 L676 722k L685.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)