guide cut off

2002tii

Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
wv
Hi Guys, I am having a issue with the guide. When I press the guide button the icons on the left are slightly cut off. I have the dish 922 setup on 1080i 16x9 samsung led tv with hdmi. Any ideas?

I have a second vizio that cuts off the logos, how do I fix this? Im using another vizio currently that displays it fine, I cant find any overscaling setting in the tv menu can u be more specific please/

I have a second vizio that cuts off the logos, how do I fix this? Im using another vizio currently that displays it fine, I cant find any overscaling setting in the tv menu can u be more specific please/

Some manufacturers use different names to describe it, my Toshiba called it "native". Go into the picture settings and if you see anything that may relate to how the image is sized, start cycling through them.

If you can't find it in the menu that is accessible, check online on how to access the "service menu" for you model, it may be available within.

A person should not have to find a hidden menu to make an adjustment. The STB should be designed to work as is.

A person should not have to find a hidden menu to make an adjustment. The STB should be designed to work as is.

The STB does work "as is", some displays have more overscan than others. If the STB sent out an image with nothing on the edges, some of us would be complaining about it not using all of our display's real estate.

I agree!

They should just adjust the widths on all the menu's like they do on all the other receivers to compansate for this issue.

The problem is that 99% of the people out there don't know any better that this issue can be fixed and will just deal with a guide looking like crap

I have installed 2 922's and have seen it on both televisions. Not accecptable, as this equipment should work out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a problem with the 922. I have two 922 and two Samsung tv's. One is a 50" and it's a few years old. I have a new led 55" and both tv's have the problem after working on settings all weekend.

Really the problem isn't with the STB, the problem is with the TV manufacturers have 20 different names for the same menu option. If that manufacturer even puts the menu option there in the first place.

Note to Mods: If someone is going to make a FAQ thread for the 922, please make sure this question is in it. At the top, in bold letters. :D

hmm Ill look around but I remembering trying everything I could find just hooked it up to my newer vizio and it worked fine out of the box, same with my sharp aquos its just the older (2 years tops) 32" vizio it cut off on me.

Even though this is not a STB problem. The STB software can easily fix it with a screen calibration feature.

The 922 allows repositioning, if it would allow resizing, then the problem would be solved.

Check out how the XBMC software solves this problem. It puts a test pattern on the the screen and then you go from corner to corner to place it where you want it, then you go to square in the screen and resize it until it is perfectly square. As a result you have output formatted for your tv.

I had the same problem on my 722 the other day. I changed from 720p to 10850 and it fixed it. I have had it 720p for at least a year and that was the first time it had happened.

Ditto on Sony 34" XBR tube TV... dish needs resizing controls in addition to the nudge controls (which the installer didn't even know about). Guide is off the screen on top, bottom, and left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)