Guide data problem 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tugboat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
About every 4 to 6 weeks my guide data goes missing. A majority of the entrys are "no info available" and navigating with the remote allows up and down movement, but trying to move sideways only goes to the end of the visible screen. I can put in a time and move right, but it still doesn't have any info for most of the entries. The only way I can get the data back is to do a check switch and let the guide download. After that it takes the unit about 30 minutes to fix my timer entries.

The other issue is that once the data is restored and the timers have been updated, I have to go though the timers and manually skip a number of shows that were originally skipped. It will take skipped shows that aren't new and set them to record as if they are new. Not a huge issue, but I have to make sure I don't accidentally skip a new one in the process.

So what is causing my guide to act up like this? It's happened 4 times in the past few months. Othere than this issue, the unit works great.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

About every 4 to 6 weeks my guide data goes missing. A majority of the entrys are "no info available" and navigating with the remote allows up and down movement, but trying to move sideways only goes to the end of the visible screen. I can put in a time and move right, but it still doesn't have any info for most of the entries. The only way I can get the data back is to do a check switch and let the guide download. After that it takes the unit about 30 minutes to fix my timer entries.

The other issue is that once the data is restored and the timers have been updated, I have to go though the timers and manually skip a number of shows that were originally skipped. It will take skipped shows that aren't new and set them to record as if they are new. Not a huge issue, but I have to make sure I don't accidentally skip a new one in the process.

So what is causing my guide to act up like this? It's happened 4 times in the past few months. Othere than this issue, the unit works great.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

By any chance do you have it plugged into a switched outlet? Sounds like it is powering down and missing nightly updates from time to time.

By any chance do you have it plugged into a switched outlet? Sounds like it is powering down and missing nightly updates from time to time.
X2

Try a completely different outlet if the issue continues. If the problem stops have an electrician make a visit because there could be more wrong than meets the eye.

The unit is plugged into a dedicated 20A circuit for my home theater system. If power were the issue, I would notice it with all the other components that need setup input (clocks, HD DVD player, etc.) after a power loss.

I checked my router's log and for the past 7 days it has had constant contact with box with the exception of the normal 5 a.m. restarts. Wish the router log held more days of data, but a week of data shows no abnormal disconnects.

Am I the only one having guide issues?

I gave more thought to the issue of missing updates and am certain it's not the issue. If I missed an update or two, it wouldn't remove the data I already have, so something must be corrupting the data.

Sounds like it. My guide updates nightly with no problem. I have the update time set for 1:00 am. I don't usually have anything recording a that time of day. Maybe you could set yours to a similar time to make sure it updates?

my 722 has corrupted guide data on it at 7 pm almost every night since the 1000.2 was installed for the hd locals. im in altoona pa and the locals are on 129 wonder if the low angle or weak signal could be cause? complain enough to get a new 722k for free

I know it updates as I get up around the time it updates (5 a.m.) and you can't miss the sound of the fan on high for 30 seconds or so. I've been using the 1000.2 for almost a year now and my signal levels, while not great, seem to be normal.

The box never reboots itself except when updating, it's never displayed an error message and has never acted in a way that was unusual. Guess it's time to call tech support and open a ticket. If I call each time it happens, maybe they'll look into it.

Thank for the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts