Guide Favorite list odd behavior

evilsofa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Atlanta, Ga
Ok, I moved to the hopper a little over 6 months ago, best thing I have done in years! However I am seeing strange behavior with a favorite channel list I created, I have added all the HD channels for the stations I watch however once in a blue moon sometimes a couple of channels are duplicated in the list showing both HD and SD for each, not a big deal as it has only happened a few times to only a few channels. Now Today ALL my channels which have HD and SD channels are duplicated. I also have the guide set to display only HD in the settings however that does not prevent the SD channels which do have HD options from displaying. What am I doing that is causing this or does this happen to everyone else as well using a favorite list for channels.

Go to Settings, guide settings: Format guide and pick HD channels in your channel preference menu then save. This will eliminate sd channels with HD equivalents from your guides unless you use All channels guide ,which will show all channels in your guide both sd and hd .

Last edited:
Go to Settings, guide settings: Format guide and pick HD channels in your channel preference menu then save. This will eliminate sd channels with HD equivalents from your guides unless you use All channels guide ,which will show all channels in your guide both sd and hd .
Already tried that and it does nothing, still shows SD channels. odd eh.

Another thing you can do is to hit settings, Parental controls, then select every sd channel you want to lock out and then make a password and hit save. Then all sd channels are locked out. I do this on my hopper and I never see any sd channels that I don't want to.

Ok, I moved to the hopper a little over 6 months ago, best thing I have done in years! However I am seeing strange behavior with a favorite channel list I created, I have added all the HD channels for the stations I watch however once in a blue moon sometimes a couple of channels are duplicated in the list showing both HD and SD for each, not a big deal as it has only happened a few times to only a few channels. Now Today ALL my channels which have HD and SD channels are duplicated. I also have the guide set to display only HD in the settings however that does not prevent the SD channels which do have HD options from displaying. What am I doing that is causing this or does this happen to everyone else as well using a favorite list for channels.
From time to time, a channel will appear that wasn't in the list when the favorites list was created (e.g., free previews) and you may see these showing even though you didn't specifically include them when making the list. I don't know why all SD channels would suddenly appear.

When these channels are showing in the guide, reedit the favorites list and turn them off.

Another thing you can do is to hit settings, Parental controls, then select every sd channel you want to lock out and then make a password and hit save. Then all sd channels are locked out. I do this on my hopper and I never see any sd channels that I don't want to.
Good Idea, I will give that a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)