Guide not updating today.

B1gted

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
So I have had my two hoppers, two Joeys since April 6th.

Today one of my hoppers no longer has an updated guide past the current and next show. Anything past the current hour and the next shows "no info available".

I have done a check switch, a unplug for 10 seconds and nothing fixes it. I called dish and the only suggestions they had, I already had done. So he scheduled a tech to come out Sunday and reload software???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reload software? Last I heard you put it in standby for twenty minutes and it may (or not) update the software. Today on a TC Itried to force an update after talking to DASH. Didn't work. Good luck.

Ps. If the tech actually loads something or can force an update, please post what he/she did. I'd like to add that to the toolbox if possible.

not sure why it would go away in the first place though?? I mean it has been working fine for 3 weeks, and now the guide is not updating and it might update itself in the nightly update? Very buggy if that is the case. I'll check it tomorrow and see what happens.

The worst thing is, since no guide, timers don't work, and I missed all of my friday night recordings!

On all my installs, one of the three tuners gets stuck on guide update for hours. What I have found to work most of the time is to unplug entire system ( all hoppers and Joey's ) for a full minute. Plug them all back up and you should have updated guide and all tuners available.

This may or may not work for you, seeing as your system has been working fine for a while.

One of my Hoppers did this once. It reloaded over night and has been fine since. Hopefully yours is OK this morning.

Well I waited to turn the tv back on until I got home at 5 pm tonight. Everything is back to normal. Full guide is there and timers are all back.

I cancelled my appointment. Definitely a bug that is very serious to me since it causes loss of timers and you don't get your shows recorded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts