guide not updating

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

karspur

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 16, 2006
Ridgecrest, CA
My 722 does not show guide info past 24 hours unless I manually update it. I have checked update preferences and it still shows a 3:00 am update time. When my husband is up getting ready for work in the mornings, he says it is always doing something. Every time I try to go past a 24 hour search it gives me the guide is outdated prompt. We turn it off every night and have never had any issues before the last week or so. Running L676. Have tried soft and hard reboot and still have the problem the next day. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem. Are all lights (amber, green and blue) out when update occurs (3 am)? Try to run a check switch test if a hard reset is not resolving this issue. Press the Menu button on the remote, then 6 (System Setup), 1 (Installation), and 1 (Point Dish). Select the Check Switch button on the right side of the page. On the Installation screen make a note of your satellite numbers and your switch. Press the Test button on the bottom of the page. If you get a warning message about TV 2 being in use, just select Yes. After the test is complete, you will be back on the Installation Summary screen. Compare to see if the information is the same. Exit out of each screen till you get back to your TV screen and Acquiring Satellite Signal. Once it completes Acquiring Satellite Signal, the program guide download. If this doesn't fix the problem, you will need a new receiver (possible hd). Please PM me if you need further assistance. Thanks.

Last edited:
I can download the guide when prompted, it is just not happening automatically. Are you saying that it might be a satellite problem? Could it be a HD problem even though it will work manually? When I do a manual update, it shows guide info for the full 8-9 days, but the next day only shows 24 hours until I manually do a download again. Thanks so much for your help! Appreciate you guys being here and so available!

You're welcome! Whether you update the EPG manually or automatically, it is stored on the HD so if it is not being saved to the HD then there is probably an issue with your HD. You shouldn't have to download each day manually. I have a 722 also and I can only think of one time a couple of months ago that my EPG was not current. Are all the lights off on the receiver when you finish viewing for the evening?

Yes, I am the same way. I've had this box for a few years, almost since they came out, and have not had any problems. Probably the best I've had in my ten years with dish! Maybe this is my hint that I should dish it up to a 922. Any specials that you are aware of? Thanks again?

Yes, I am the same way. I've had this box for a few years, almost since they came out, and have not had any problems. Probably the best I've had in my ten years with dish! Maybe this is my hint that I should dish it up to a 922. Any specials that you are aware of? Thanks again?

If you haven't started doing it already, get an ehd and start transferring all your recordings on the dvr to the ehd. Just in case disaster hits and the 722 dies. Also, copy down all your timers.

I've had 2 722's die on me alredy this year. 1 from overheating and 1 with a hd faiure.

I've seen comments on this board the the 922 is not worth upgrading to. You should ask.

I thought the same way, and yes, I have transferred to EHD. And yes, part of me worries about issues with a 922. I also worry about getting a rebuilt 722 or 722K, which is what I have heard I would get as a replacement. I kind of feel it might be one of those six of one, half dozen of the other type situations. I will take any and all feedback offered!

Bully for backing up your recordings.
All lights off or else TV2 could still be active and block the reboot.
Check your schedule Menu+7 for any overlap with the reboot time. A program starting near the time could be a problem.
An EHD being on can block the reboot for a long time (>1 hour) if it is big and has a lot of recordings. It will be file checked. Unplug it.
-Ken

I have the same problem with 2 211k and 1 222k running on a DPP44 and Dish 1000+. Signal is perfect and even replaced the DPP44 and power inserter with same issue. I have to manually update the guide everyday even though it is set to update at 3 a.m.

I have the same problem with a 622, though it doesn't update only a few times a week. Plus it ALWAYS updates on weekends for some strange reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)