Guide of Death strikes again

I had a DVR playback paused to create a timer recording. As soon as I hit the guide button, thar she blows!

I discovered that if you hit the guide button from the PVR menu, the unit won't reboot.

I can reproduce this scenario just about 100% of the time as follows:

Record show 1 on TV1, Record show 2 on TV2. While both shows are recording, watch the "live" recording from TV1 on TV2 and hit the guide button. As stated in an earlier post, "Thar she blows"

--Dudleydog73

I had the Guide of Death the last two days in a row. I can't wait for Dish to finally fix this bug. I hope the reason it is taking so long is because they are doing a lot of testing to make sure their fix doesn't create any more problems. Or maybe they are working on a new software version that will fix all of the bugs :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey, I can dream can't I :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that's called a "dream." I think it is called a "delusion." ;)

Actually I think they are trying to make a deal with Tivo to port there Tivo software over to the 522 so that we will have a stable PVR with all the feature we would want. Now if you think that is true let me sell you some nice Ocean Beach Front property in Kansas. Honest I will give you a good deal just make me a offer.

...And yet again. I noticed that when I changed the channel, it showed the same information for every channel (The Simpsons at 5:00 even though it is now after 7:00). I hit the Guide button and...BOOM!

...AND AGAIN! This is really starting to piss me off. This time, once again, I had a recording going which will be interrupted. Very, very, very annoying.

chaddux said:
...AND AGAIN! This is really starting to piss me off. This time, once again, I had a recording going which will be interrupted. Very, very, very annoying.
So why do you stay with DISH you know TiVo works?
:) I haven't seen any improvements in my 522 it is still a piece of junk, but I am a dealer and stuck with it.

boba said:
So why do you stay with DISH you know TiVo works?
:) I haven't seen any improvements in my 522 it is still a piece of junk, but I am a dealer and stuck with it.

I'd answer your question but I'm not sure what it is. You're enjoyment for not using punctuation confuses everything. Are you asking why I stay with DISH? If I know TiVo works? The way you have used (or not used) punctuation completely garbles the meaning. It isn't hard. Just use that key with the little dot (known as a "period") on it near the right Shift key.

I just had yet another GoD experience with 206. Single mode and not recording - watching live TV for 45 minutes or so - hit the Guide and bang. When it recovered I had video but no audio on recorded shows and audio but no video on live TV. A reset with the power button cleared up both problems.

clearcut said:
I just had yet another GoD experience with 206. Single mode and not recording - watching live TV for 45 minutes or so - hit the Guide and bang. When it recovered I had video but no audio on recorded shows and audio but no video on live TV. A reset with the power button cleared up both problems.

It's strange that pulling the guide is the only thing that causes it (although other factors may be involved). You'd think it would happen when pulling up other features but only the Guide sets it off.