Guide off-center ??

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
A few weeks ago, not sure when, I noticed the guide was quite a bit off-center. I did notice it when I swapped in a new s-video cable and then suspected the cable. It shows the same way on my other TV though, so it's NOT the cable.

The left-hand side is completely "flush" with the edge of the screen. I just measured it.... The last column in the guide is ~9-1/2" wide (I have a 57" widescreen, set to 4:3 mode when I measured this). The gap is just under 2".

Is this how it looks on other's TVs ?? I can't say I noticed this before, so I' speculating that a s/w update did it.

If you're just talking about the guide having its 3 columns and a gap along the right edge of the screen, it's been that way through all versions I've seen. Look at ChrisCoop's pictures in his lengthy infamous post, in fact there used to be a bug where that gap would go from its normal bluish to plain black.

Or if that's not what you're talking about, I have to say mine looks the same it always has.

I guess I just didn't that much attention to it before.... I saw that thread you're referring to and will take a look again.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)