Guide Options – Favorite Channels list will not scroll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
I have had this problem before, but it has occurred again. I have a Favorite Channel list that I created that contains just the channels that I watch. Everything will work fine until, out of nowhere, I will hit the Guide button, which displays my favorite channel list (Main), and I will not be able to scroll down my list of channels. It will only display the first 8 channels, which currently is all my locals and the SiriusXM multi-channel thing (ch. 99). I can temporarily fix it by going into the Favorite Channels list, toggle to None, exit out, then go back to the list and choose my custom list (Main). It will work for awhile, and then the problem reoccurs.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I solved it last time by creating a new custom list and re-adding ALL my favorite channels again (153 of them, to be exact), and that worked for a while. But again, the problem has re-surfaced and I'm just wondering if this is an isolated incident or a common issue?
Image 3-27-17, 2.14.04 PM.jpg

I, and others, have had this exact problem, see the thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-guide-not-scrolling-channels.364734/#post-3975784

In our case, having the "expandable" sports channel that has SEC & PAC12, etc. in it seemed to cause the problem. When I created a favorite without this, it fixed the problem.

I had/have other expandable channels (I have SiriusXM in mine) in the favorite list & they don't cause any problem.

If you don't have the sports in yours,, I'd try experimenting by removing all the expandable channels first, then add back one at a time.

When I upgraded to the CUI I ran into this. I had set up to scroll down from top to bottom to go up in channels. My bottom channel on the first screen was an expandable Sirius list..... The only way around it was to have scrolling up from the bottom to advance channels. I didn't report it because I thought it was just me...... I know dumb..

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Interesting, mine have always been set up opposite; scroll from bottom to top to go up in channels. Don't know if this makes or would make a difference (but I do know getting rid of the PAC12/SEC/expandable channel fixed my scroll lockup.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! So, I removed my Big10, SEC and Root Sports "expandable" channels, and exited out. Problem still persisted. Only after I removed all the SiriusXM channels did the guide operate correctly. I then added back my sports channels just mentioned, but left the SXM (ch. 99) out, and as of today, it still works. I'll probably roll like this for a few days, then add SXM channels back again.

I did realize that this seemed to start happening again when I lost my ABC affiliate (WTAE) because of the Hearst contract issues. I added my local ABC OTA channel to my guide and left the satellite channel in place. That pushed the SXM expandable channel to the very bottom of the first page. I wonder if it cannot be at the bottom, if that is causing the lock-up? Hmmm....more testing ahead!

Interesting, must be a combination of factors.

I'm convinced if I had the Hopper source code, this is a bug that I could find & fix pretty quickly.

Like so many other Hopper bugs, this one has been around for awhile. It seems like all we have is an ever-increasing list of bugs and very few issues ever get fixed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just had my install on Tuesday and created a favorites list. Ran into the "guide not scrolling issue" as described by the OP. Anyone still dealing with this? I will get rid of the expandable channels I added and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In my case the problem is caused when I have the Sirius 99 channel as the last channel on the first page. I had to add a channel that I really didn't care about to the favorites and bingo the guide scrolls every time. I can't have channel 99 as the last one on the page. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts