Guide problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shaak1943

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Just got HDTv satellite dish not to long ago. Everything was working great up to about 2 weeks ago. HDTV comes in great - pressing the guide button brings up the guide. However pressing the guide button on my existing receivers and the guide comes up but the in-guide picture goes blank. I also get a message on top of the guide that say's "aquiring information". But I can move around in the guide while this is going on and select a channel. Selecting a channel makes the picture go blank with "aquiring satellite signal" at the bottom. After a period of time the picture comes back. I have checked the signal strength on all the receivers and get levels up in the 80's. I have tried unplugging the affected receivers for 1 minute and then plug them back in with no effect. Anybody have any suggestions?

I have Directv. Existing receivers are RCA DRD420RE. The new HD receiver is from Directv-model H10.

shaak1943 said:
I have Directv. Existing receivers are RCA DRD420RE. The new HD receiver is from Directv-model H10.

This info should get you fast help along with Iceberg moving it to DirecTV for ya. Good luck, I do not have this brand of HD receiver, so I can't help out.

Is this a new install? Those RCA receivers are several years old, did you upgrade an existing system? Did you have a new Phase 3 dish installed how many receivers are connected?

I just moved to a new house so I had my service moved. The dish is a new triple lnb dish and the HD receiver is new. Both are were installed one month ago. There are three receivers total (2 RCA and 1 Directv H10). Everything worked great up to about 2 weeks ago then started having the problem. Nothing has changed in the house or with the dish that I know of. The guide problem only happens on the RCA receivers. The H10 works normaly.

I am 100% shocked that no one has any help. Like I said before I have never had this happen, but I would suggest unplugging for more than 15 minutes, maybe right before bed, and trying again in the morning. Do these receivers have a special RESET button?

surprized

shaak1943 said:
Just got HDTv satellite dish not to long ago. Everything was working great up to about 2 weeks ago. HDTV comes in great - pressing the guide button brings up the guide. However pressing the guide button on my existing receivers and the guide comes up but the in-guide picture goes blank. I also get a message on top of the guide that say's "aquiring information". But I can move around in the guide while this is going on and select a channel. Selecting a channel makes the picture go blank with "aquiring satellite signal" at the bottom. After a period of time the picture comes back. I have checked the signal strength on all the receivers and get levels up in the 80's. I have tried unplugging the affected receivers for 1 minute and then plug them back in with no effect. Anybody have any suggestions?

i'm surprized it lasted that long

No special reset button on the 2 RCA's. I definitely will try unplugging them for more than 15 minutes. The 2 RCA receivers are 4 plus years old. But for both of them to have the same problem at the same time is weird.

drd420 rca is a good dependable ird

go into the menu, go to dish pointing, go to dish type, go to oval dish, enter, go to oval dish 3 lnbs, enter,exit

problem should be fixed.

yell if it isnt.

good luck!

Fairly certain that I have already changed the dish type from round to oval with 3 lnbs for both receivers in the menu... but I will check again, thanks.

you may have, but you did a hard re-set so the irds reverted back to the factory pre-sets

The 420's around here all do the same thing. When you go to the guide it loses the picture in guide and says searching for signal when you go back to the channel. All the other models seem to be OK. We have gotten a lot of calls on these. BTW. you can reset them all you want and it won't matter. I replace them.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

I still have the same problem with the two RCA irds. Resetting them made no difference. Looks like I will have to replace them to resolve the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)