Guide question on 622?

MichaelC

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 22, 2004
MA
I just got my 622 installed this Saturday. I don't have any guide info for my off air HD channels. Should I have them? I had info with DirectTV.

Yeah, couple of questions/points here. 1) Do you subscribe to locals? (you must to receive guide data). 2) Sometimes it takes a while to populate guide data, however I would expect you would have it by now. You might want to try a check switch to see if it will update. 3) There are some channels that have had problems with guide data, however, I don't think there is anywhere that has problems with all channels. But what DMA are you in?

I don't have locals. There not available in 01035. Does that mean no guide data? I think I had guide data in the end with Voom and they didn't have locals.

With Dish you will only get guide info IF your locals are available and you also must subscribe to them so in your case you won't get any guide data.

It is just how dish does business, as every penny counts. Don't subscribe to locals and you don't get guide info. Dish doesn't provide your locals then you still don't get guide info. You will have to set manual timers for recording local content.