Guide Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ericosmith

Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Is there any reason to have the guide display both the SD and HD versions of a channel?

Yes, so users can choose what they want as opposed to having only one or the other.

You can also go into the setup menu and turn duplicates off.

What he said.

There is a setting to hide the SD duplicates in the setup menu

That was my question, is there any reason not to hide the duplicates? My installer made is sound like they were supposed to be there.

The only reasons I could think of would be customer preference. Personally, I have no need for them to be in mine. They add nothing for me

The only reasonI can come up with is to see both channels if you really want to compare the same channel SD vs HD.

Also I can see where it may be on BOTH when set up, so the sub can see that both formats are available on the guide, after that, most would turn the SD off I'm sure.

That is a nice feature that got added awhile back thru a CE some time ago.

Jimbo

I like to have both visible, so when I want to record a program that's in SD, I record it from the SD channel in order to save hard drive space on my DVR.

I like to have both visible, so when I want to record a program that's in SD, I record it from the SD channel in order to save hard drive space on my DVR.

Try to record it from a mpeg4 source and it will take up less room.
I very seldom record anything anymore that is NOT HD.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts