guide stretched out-HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magicofdisney

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Tomorrowland
With my HR20-700, my guide is sometimes stretched out. I have native on. If I'm watching a HD program and click the guide, it's stretched out and the far left is cut off. I can still make out the words or channels, but it's kind of annoying. If the channel is not HD, the guide fits my screen perfectly. Is this a software defect? Does anyone know if D* is addressing this issue or is it basically a non-issue that only bothers me? Or perhaps, too few ppl are experiencing this problem. Does anyone know if I can correct this on my own?

Thanks.

With my HR20-700, my guide is sometimes stretched out. I have native on. If I'm watching a HD program and click the guide, it's stretched out and the far left is cut off. I can still make out the words or channels, but it's kind of annoying. If the channel is not HD, the guide fits my screen perfectly. Is this a software defect? Does anyone know if D* is addressing this issue or is it basically a non-issue that only bothers me? Or perhaps, too few ppl are experiencing this problem. Does anyone know if I can correct this on my own?

Thanks.

Check to see what format your TV is in ...

Jimbo

You've probably got some bad overscan going on your TV. You *might* be able to adjust it in your TV menu's but if not you'll have to get it calibrated or if you're really brave get into the service menu (be careful! you mess up the wrong setting and you can brick your TV)

Magic,
I would check with the service dept. if you got your TV at a Audio Video store (Not BB or CC)
There use to be a setting in a few of the D* rec's that you could adjust the picture for just this type of thing.
I have not needed this function so I cannot say if the current rec's have it or not.

edit: I looked and did not see this adjustment, maybe it was on the TV I was looking at.

Jimbo

I fiddled around with the adjustments earlier. Without the "assistance" of my receiver, I can change my picture format between 4:3, 16:9, 16:9 Zoom and Cinerama. For whatever reason, the receiver feels the need to make these adjustments on its own, with native on. Perhaps that's the intended purpose?? But I get much better PQ with native on. It's only the guide that's affected. Thanks for trying to help out.

Bonscott87, I'm neither brave enough nor knowledgable enough to locate and mess with a service menu. :)

Jimbo, our TV came from Sears. It's a 52" RCA. From my quick scan, there are no outside adjustment switches.

Thanks for the replies,

Genna

</IMG>

I fiddled around with the adjustments earlier. Without the "assistance" of my receiver, I can change my picture format between 4:3, 16:9, 16:9 Zoom and Cinerama. For whatever reason, the receiver feels the need to make these adjustments on its own, with native on. Perhaps that's the intended purpose?? But I get much better PQ with native on. It's only the guide that's affected. Thanks for trying to help out.

Bonscott87, I'm neither brave enough nor knowledgable enough to locate and mess with a service menu. :)

Jimbo, our TV came from Sears. It's a 52" RCA. From my quick scan, there are no outside adjustment switches.

Thanks for the replies,

Genna

</IMG>

Go with your eyes, whatever looks best to you, is what matters.
Everyone has different set ups and no two set ups are the same, even if they were they would not be comparable, so, if you have it the way you want, thats great, sit back and enjoy !!!

With the Native on, the rec. does the conversion with it off, the TV does the conversion, when the rec. does it, it will default to what ever resolution you have it set to.

Jimbo

Ever since the latest software update my guide has been screwy, only mine is goofy if I'm in SD rather than HD, go figure. But the problem is very similar to yours.

Was fine before that last update, thought it was just me.

Ever since the latest software update my guide has been screwy, only mine is goofy if I'm in SD rather than HD, go figure. But the problem is very similar to yours.

Was fine before that last update, thought it was just me.

You might want to try to do a reboot and see if that fixes your guide, basically it resets your system.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satellite C 110 degrees "gone missing"

HR20 Activation Fun & Games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)