Guide vs. locals channels, way off - normal?

haertig

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Well, first my 522 would not download Guide info for local channels. Now that it has, the info is off compared to the Sunday paper TV Week insert (which is quite trustworthy usually)!

What gives? Is this normal for Dish Network? "There's Something About Mary", "Traffic", "A Beautiful Mind", etc. are all on local channel broadcast this week but none of them are in Guide. My install is less than a week old. Possibly is there something that needs to be setup in my 522 (and 322) that the installer forgot? Like my "location" or something?

My locals (Colo. Spgs. & Denver - and 2 distant net cities) are pretty reliable - almost 100% accurate. What does the EPG say vs. the paper? What city are we talking about (to help others here that may be near you)?

Your location is already coded or you wouldn't be seeing any locals.

This guide and/or 522 thing is just psycho.

I'm in Broomfield, CO. It's about halfway between Denver and Boulder.

Early this morning (Sun), Guide did NOT show "There's Something About Mary" on WB tonight at 6:30pm. I don't remember what it showed, but Mary was not it. So I set a manual timer. Same time this morning, guide did NOT show "A Beautiful Mind" on Tuesday on NBC, but I don't remember what it showed. Set manual timer number 2. This morning, same time again, no "Traffic" on Tuesday on NBC between 7:00pm and 10:00pm. So I set a third manual timer for this one. I DO remember what Guide showed for Tues night however. It was, and still is showing 7pm "Most Outrageous Game Show", 8pm "Law & Order", and 9pm "Dateline".

Later this morning, Mary suddenly showed up in Guide. Hmmmm. Beautiful Mind and Traffic were still not there. After lunch today, Beautiful Mind had taken it's rightful place in Guide. Double Hmmmm. Traffic is still missing as I type this. Maybe it will show up tonight?

ALL 4 of my NBC feeds (including Denver) are showing M.O.G.S., L&O:SVU, and Dateline for Tuesday night.

I checked nbc.com, and they say the same thing. Got no clue what source you're using to say Traffic will be on NBC.

SimpleSimon said:
Got no clue what source you're using to say Traffic will be on NBC.
The "TV Week" mini-magazine that comes every Sunday in the Denver Post.

haertig said:
The "TV Week" mini-magazine that comes every Sunday in the Denver Post.
Ah. Thought so. You do know that those are printed days in advance of Sunday using grid data that is already days old when it gets to the printer.

When in doubt, the network's website is probably your best source, with the Dish EPG being second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)