Guitar Hero 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdntblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Corona, CA
My brother in law was at NAMM show today and sent me a picture of the new Guitar Hero 4 guitars.
See attached picture.

Attachments

• guitarhero4.jpg
    guitarhero4.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 281
Didn't pick up 3, might end up Gameflying it... Rock Band announced over 200 songs to be available for download this year. I am not sure what the GH franchise can do to compete with that. Hardware will improve for both, which is my only issue with Rock Band (the fender sucks).

Clearly the song acquisition efforts of Activision are being funneled toward a $60 product instead of consumer friendly.

This is about as exciting as hearing that after the great modern-day Call of Duty 4, that they are returning to WW2 for the next one (they posted jobs for it... 'designers for wwii shooter').

:(

Didn't pick up 3, might end up Gameflying it... Rock Band announced over 200 songs to be available for download this year. I am not sure what the GH franchise can do to compete with that. Hardware will improve for both, which is my only issue with Rock Band (the fender sucks).

I agree with you on the song downloads... there are like 5-10 new songs every week for RB, and hardly anything for GH, it seems... a little disappointing. If I could use my GH guitar with RB, I might buy the game, but not ready to drop another $160 on that, or even $100 with the standalone guitar.

Looks like they added more detail to the guitars, which is cool. I personally like the "black with colored outline" buttons on the GHIII guitar better than the all color ones shown here... but then again, I probably wouldn't buy another guitar anyway.

You can use GH3 Guitars with Rockband. I don't even use the Fender one at all because it sucks.

Also that picture my bro-in-law sent me might not be actual GH4 guitars. I think it's a 3rd party company that makes GH guitars from real guitars.

ONUOsFan is a PS3 guy, so no, the GH guitars do not work with RB :( (I don't have a PS3, but FU Activision, that's so lame to prevent the Harmonix patch to allow everything to play nice...)

To be fair all around too, Rock Band is currently releasing 3 (not 5-10, thank god, im going through 'MS Points' as it is) songs a week, but with 3 songs/week... 52 weeks... obviously there will be some larger weeks in there to hit 200, and thats cause of the full album downloads. The Who's greatest hits is expected to be the first album released... 'soon'. Nirvana Nevermind and a Metallica album are also comin.

ONUOsFan is a PS3 guy, so no, the GH guitars do not work with RB :(

Exactly...

To be fair all around too, Rock Band is currently releasing 3 (not 5-10, thank god, im going through 'MS Points' as it is) songs a week, but with 3 songs/week... 52 weeks... obviously there will be some larger weeks in there to hit 200, and thats cause of the full album downloads. The Who's greatest hits is expected to be the first album released... 'soon'. Nirvana Nevermind and a Metallica album are also comin.

Thanks for keeping me straight - it seems like more than 3, but that could be because I'm not in there every week....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)