guitar hero III for wii/ Rock band for wii

Are the guitars from GH3 wii able to be used for Rock band wii and vise versa?

thanks
paulyme
I'd ASSUME yes, since they all would probably use the Wii's controller scheme (unlike the PS3, which had to use proprietary hardware.)

If you have any other systems, I would STRONGLY recommend you NOT get the Wii version of RB. It's like the PS2 version: Stripped down with no DLC.

From IGN: (IGN: Rock Band: Special Edition Review)

"The guitar is the same Rock Band guitar we've all been hating for months. It's wireless and comes with a USB dongle to stick in the back of your Wii. Unfortunately, unlike the 360 and PS3 games, the far superior Guitar Hero III peripheral does not work with Rock Band Wii. The Rock Band guitar feels cheaper, the buttons aren't as responsive, and the extra five "solo" buttons high on the neck are pointless. In all my time playing Rock Band, I've never seen anyone use them. They don't affect gameplay at all, and they're spaced more closely together so that you have to adjust your playing style if you want to use them. Maybe the one cool thing about this guitar is the ability to switch effects when overdrive is activated, but this turns out to be more of a novelty than a selling point."

Sorry dude..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts