Gulf Coast oil spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
2theadvocate.com | News | Gulf Coast oil spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez — Baton Rouge, LA

Fun fun fun... the sad thing is there's a lot of government garbage going on that is stalling things. The Parish near the leak is forgoing with their own plan since the other agencies are dragging their feet....sad sad.

I knew we would have a mess on our hands from the first day I saw the pictures as the BOP failed. There's no shutting it off after that...then kinking the risers due to the vessel sinking creates the perfect storm by holding the well back from falling in on itself. Nice....

Why is nobody asking "what caused the explosion and/or fire"?

It's obvious what caused it, a blow-out. But why did the blow-out happen? I bet my money on the BOP's failing. They won't be able to retrieve those for quite a while since they are attached to the casing of the well 5,000 feet down.

No need to focus on why right now anyways...that doesn't stop the oil from coming.

On April 29, the MODIS on the Terra satellite captured a natural-color image of the oil slick just off the Louisiana coast. The oil slick appeared as dull gray interlocking comma shapes, one opaque and the other nearly transparent. The northwestern tip of the oil slick almost touches the Mississippi Delta. Here is a link with information on the spills progress. NASA - NASA Satellite Imagery Keeping Eye on the Gulf Oil Spill

Attachments

• 449676main_gulf-spill-full.jpg
    449676main_gulf-spill-full.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)