GuyTVHD and MajesticHD showing more than one 2 movies per day NOW! (afer July 2/day)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dfergie said:
I remember her from Laugh In... :D
You mean like this?: :D

Attachments

• Goldie2.jpg
    Goldie2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Goldie3.jpg
    Goldie3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Goldie4.jpg
    Goldie4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Goldie.jpg
    Goldie.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 96
Sean --

Glad to see this change. It has been needed for some time now. Even more so with only two Voom movie channels to chose from. Cudos to those that helped initiate this change.

It would be nice if we could see the release of more new movies per month. Any news in that department?

I am going to resurrect this thread. It looks like GuyTv and Majestic are going back to 2 movies per day :( after July 1s 2005. What a bummer?

More changes... It looks like Lab HD will be showing on Rave after July 1st. I can see:

Lab : Groov 3 (Musical) TVPG

Lab : Groov 4 (Musical) TVPG

Lab : Groov 5 (Musical) TVPG

Lab : Tank 5 (Musical) TVPG

Lab : Moov (Musical) TVPG

Lab : Window (Musical) TVPG

Lab : Groov (Musical) TVPG

Lab : Space (Musical) TVPG

Lab : Moov (Musical) TVPG

Lab HD will be on from 6am ET through 3pm ET

Sean Mota said:
I am going to resurrect this thread. It looks like GuyTv and Majestic are going back to 2 movies per day :( after July 1s 2005. What a bummer?
Were they showing more than 2? Sorry, I hardly watch TV during the summer. :D

Wooooooooooo-Hoooooooooooooooo!!!
I'm so happy I could just about crap myself. :D I welcome the return to two movies a day with open arms -- maybe I'll be able to start catching some movies I wanna see again.

And the return of mooV?!? Oh, boy! It's about time! :yes

Somebody please tell me what the big deal is with 2 a day? What has it been, I haven't even hardly watched a Voom channel since they came on Dish.

Thanks.

DarrellP said:
Somebody please tell me what the big deal is with 2 a day? What has it been, I haven't even hardly watched a Voom channel since they came on Dish.

Thanks.
Guy & Majestic have been showing (usually) four movies a day on Dish as opposed to the two-a-day format that was used for the HDCinema10 on Voom. Having no way (nor any particular desire) to time-shift, I much prefer the two-a-day format. When there's a movie showing that I want to see, it is shown twice as many times during the day as with the four-a-day format. Gives me a much better chance of being able to free up the time to catch it, even if it means watching the beginning of it at night and the end in the morning. I know it sounds illogical, but when they show four movies a day instead of two there is less chance of my being able to see the movie I want to see.

But really, with only two HDCinema channels (plus Monsters) it not's that big a deal. I really hope when (if?) they go back to HDCinema10 that they'll stick with the two-a-day format. I doubt that many folks'll agree with me, but that's my opinion anyway.

Even though I have a 942, I really liked the two-a-day movie format on Cinema10...of course, it just doesn't work on Cinema2. As much as I like the 942, its basic flaw is that it will only hold about 25 hours of HD programming. I will archive some things to DVD, but the things I like...well I like them largely because they are in HD so it is impossible for me to get rid of a handful of recordings that may not be shown in the near future, if ever again.

Two-a-days on Cinema10 would give me another convenient way to timeshift. Again, I support the format, but only when they get all 10 movie channels online or allow subscribers to purchase/lease inexpensive HD DVRs and/or USB storage devices.

I guess to some it is good 2 per day. I rather have 4 per day. The selection of having 8 movies on two channels to pick is much better than 4 on two channels. With the DVR it is easy to catch them at any time. Unless they are going to add two additional channels to make up for the 4 movies, it is a step backwards.

I am not sure of this but it is just my own speculation that VOOM 10 or VOOM 21 are going to go progressively backwards and not forward. Having James Dolan running them, will be another chapter/episode of the Knicks/Rangers fiasco that he created. Since Dish obtained the 10 Voom channels, they haven't been as good as they were before. It is going to be 2 months soon after the demise of Voom DBS and will be surprised if those channels get anywhere 300 hours/month of new content. I think we saw the best they could be and I really hope that I am wrong on this one.

Sean, I am hoping you are wrong about VOOM's Cinema channels. Are you sure VOOM21 will be part of Rainbow Media and that James will be running them? I didn't see them mentioned in any of the recent publications regarding CVC wanting to spin-off and take the business private. Maybe it is an oversight or perhaps it was by design? :confused: I am very interested in finding out how VOOM21 fits into their business plan. Add content and these channels will thrive - don't add content and these channels will dive.

Yes, it is read the entire letter send by Dolan's to the board.

at the bottom it gives you the Key Assets involved in the split... going to James Dolan.

Key Assets: Cable National Cable Networks
Lightpath (AMC, IFC, WE)
Public Securities MSG
(excluding GE Regional Sports Networks
stock) fuse
News 12
VOOM 21
Clearview Cinemas
Public Securities -
- GE stock

TheTimm said:
Wooooooooooo-Hoooooooooooooooo!!!
I'm so happy I could just about crap myself. :D I welcome the return to two movies a day with open arms -- maybe I'll be able to start catching some movies I wanna see again.

And the return of mooV?!? Oh, boy! It's about time! :yes
You're crazy :(

How someone could want less content on the movie channels makes me a saddd panda :(

There are still 4 chances to see the movies that were airing each day the way it is now...

Sean Mota said:
It is going to be 2 months soon after the demise of Voom DBS and will be surprised if those channels get anywhere 300 hours/month of new content. I think we saw the best they could be and I really hope that I am wrong on this one.

unfortunetly you're probably right.

Don't they only have to spend a couple 100 grand a year on the channels anyways? it wont take much to burn that.

But with all my club dish credits I wont care to keep paying the $5 a month for voom...

DarrellP said:
Sorry, I hardly watch TV during the summer. :D

True. :)

I watched a lot when I first got it in May, but now in June I've probably only watched the news a couple of times and 1 movie. Been mostly watching DVDs on my schedule in the summer, so no biggie

BFG said:
You're crazy :(

How someone could want less content on the movie channels makes me a saddd panda :(

There are still 4 chances to see the movies that were airing each day the way it is now...
Actually, with four-a-day there's usually just three chances to see the movies airing each day. Not being a fan of "saddd panda"s, I'll try to explain my position again and illustrate it with an example:

Basically if a tree falls in the woods and I wasn't there to see it, I don't give a foochie if it made a sound or not. :D
Let's look at A Raisin In The Sun, a movie I haven't been able to catch yet. It's showing on both 6/30 and 7/3.

On the 30th it airs a 6am, 2:30pm, and 10:30pm. For all the good that does me it may as well not air at all. At most, I'd be able to catch the first hour from 6am-7am. I'm at work for the 2:30 and asleep for the 10:30.
On July 3rd, it airs a 6am, 10:30am, 3pm, 7:15pm, 11:30pm and the following morning at 3:45am. Ignoring the fact that the third is a Sunday, it should be obvious why this schedule gives me a much better chance of actually seeing the movie. I could still watch the 6-7am first hour, and finish watching the end of it during the 3:45 airing the next morning. Or if I'm home from work early enough I can watch the 7:15 showing (or maybe just the start if something great comes on at eight, and then finish it in the morning.) If I'm not home from work in time to catch it all, I could watch the end and then catch the beginning in the morning (not my favorite way of doing it by any stretch, but if that's the only way I can swing it, I'll do it). Or I can just watch the 3:45am showing.

The point is, with four-a-day I won't see the movie, with two-a-day I will. Doesn't seem crazy to me at all.

It's probably worth noting, however, that on the 30th the other three movies are Falling From Grace, Stolen Summer, and Little Man Tate. All three are worth watching, with the last two being quite good. But I've seen all three of them so it won't break my heart if I don't get to see them very often. On the 3rd, the other movie is Mahogany, which just sucks -- but over on GuyTV they'll be showing Platoon (with the two-a-day format I may actually be able to see two movies I wanna see!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)