H/D update per Swanni..

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am a newbie to this site. Sorry I didn't find it sooner. As far as Swanni is concerned, he has been a shill for D* for quite a while. I would definitely take the grain of salt with anything he has to say about them!

D* seems to be taking a page from Comcast Seattle, more IS coming, can't tell you WHAT is coming, HOW many channels, or WHEN it's coming, but MORE is coming ( YEAH RIGHT)!!!!! Come on D*, get the ball rolling, I wanna make the SWITCH!!!!:hungry::)

I would like to thank DirecTV for taking us to the loop by watching D10s launch and even leaking the HD Expansion papers. But the well of information has dried up and DTV is now talking generalitys. I noticed at first as we came close to the 19th that as I would check signal strength I had two problems, 1 That when I went from the checksignal srength to my OTA HD local stations the signal would drop out every two minutes. I had to reset to solve this problem. 2 that on one end on the 103b TPS the signal was 98 and very low if not missing on the other end. This has improved but is still the case. In my mind both of these were due to D10. Now the two minute drop out has been fixed and the TPs signal strength has improved but still there is a problem. After DTV is thru jacking around with these I will have my dish aligned. I have tried changing out B band Converters to no avail and now feel with some at 98 it must be partly due to D10. Come on DTV there is a problem just clue us into what it is we can take it. Quad Cities Iowa on the Mississippi. What are your thoughts?

milt

I was on the phone with “tech support” the other day for an HD issue and mentioned to the rep that I was going to swap the BBC and she thought is crazy. She was like, “I’ve never heard of one of those going bad”. This after bragging about all the cross training she had.

Do you think this hold up is bad BBC? If that is the case maybe I should schedule a tech to look over my system. I have been draging my feet till the dust settles in outer space. I can't help but feel signal srength is part of the problem.

I think it will take more than one cust. to say the dish needs to be repositioned to cause a delay. If that is what is causing the problem x 10000000 cust. maybe.

Do you think this hold up is bad BBC? If that is the case maybe I should schedule a tech to look over my system. I have been draging my feet till the dust settles in outer space. I can't help but feel signal srength is part of the problem.
No the hold up is NOT because some folks have bad BBC's.

The holdup had NOTHING to do with that. :)

Thanks for the smilly face, but somewere I have missed something, what is the hangup and why don't they switch on the HD and lets cust just bask in the wonderful glow?

I did think of one thing that might matter and that is the weekend and DTV people like there weekend as much as most of the nation so if they would switch HD on it would be next week somewere around Monday or Tuesday.

1) Its not ready yet
2) They have other things they need to do this weekend.

Read my post in the main DirecTV are, looks like we could see the new channels on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks Scott for answering my questions and I'll watch and hope next Tuesday or Wednesday my TVs will light up with HD. One last question of anyone do you think it would be wise to call DTV and schedule a tech to go over my system? Or should I wait till the HD channels are live??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)